Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Doaa M Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 07:49 PM
    I have to write a research & I need your answers!
    Good Evening ,

I`ll graduate this year and I need you to help me in my research by answering the following questions ..

"PS :my research discusses the issue of burning out teachers "

1) Do you think you are a burned-out teacher ?
    • Yes
    • No

2) In your opinion , what's the best way for schools to keep teachers from burning out?
    • Give them new duties
    • Raise their salaries
    • Give them financial incentives
    • Promote them
    • Reduce the number of students in classes
    • Reduce the number of classes for each teacher
    • Increase the number of teachers
    • Other : ………………………………………………………………………..

3) From your point of view, choose the reasons that consume" burn-out" teachers :

• The large number of students in classes .
    • Reduce the number of classes .
    • Expect the impossible from teachers .
    • Increased responsibilities of teachers
    • lack of respect for the teacher from the students.
    • Other : ………………………………………………………………….

4) What`s the Impact of the phenomena of burned-out teachers on learning and teaching English as a foreign or a second language ?

5) From your opinion ,who`s the responsible for the occurrence of this phenomenon ?
    • Schools
    • Government
    • Authors of curricula
    • Teachers
    • Students
    • Other ……………………………………………………………………..

6) what do you think about this phenomenon , is it limited or widespread ?
    • Limited
    • widespread

I would be very grateful for everyone responded to questions :)

Thanks in advance ,
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Doaa M View Post
    Good Evening ,

I`ll graduate this year and I need you to help me in my research by answering the following questions ..

"PS :my research discusses the issue of burning out teachers "

1) Do you think you are a burned-out teacher ?
    • Yes
    • No

2) In your opinion , what's the best way for schools to keep teachers from burning out?
    • Give them new duties
    • Raise their salaries
    • Give them financial incentives
    • Promote them
    • Reduce the number of students in classes
    • Reduce the number of classes for each teacher
    • Increase the number of teachers
    • Other : ………………………………………………………………………..

3) From your point of view, choose the reasons that consume" burn-out" teachers :

• The large number of students in classes .
    • Reduce the number of classes .
    • Expect the impossible from teachers .
    • Increased responsibilities of teachers
    • lack of respect for the teacher from the students.
    • Other : ………………………………………………………………….

4) What`s the Impact of the phenomena of burned-out teachers on learning and teaching English as a foreign or a second language ?

5) From your opinion ,who`s the responsible for the occurrence of this phenomenon ?
    • Schools
    • Government
    • Authors of curricula
    • Teachers
    • Students
    • Other ……………………………………………………………………..

6) what do you think about this phenomenon , is it limited or widespread ?
    • Limited
    • widespread

I would be very grateful for everyone responded to questions :)

Thanks in advance ,

1) Depends on the day!. :) As with any other professions, you will have days you love the job and other days you wonder what else you could be doing. Nothing I have done before has been as stressful as teaching, but I still love it.

2) More support for dealing with distruptive students and gaining parental involvement. Increase in salary would be nice, of course, but people don't go into teaching to earn a lot of money. They should, however, be able to do the job of teaching without having to play drill sergeant or ring master.
    I think a large part of the reason as to why close to half of all new teachers leave in the first few years is due to unrealistic expectations about how the classroom will be. It has changed greatly from years back. Many people outside of the profession imagine teachers going in, giving the students an assignment, and they all sit quietly doing their work while the teacher sits at their desk and grades papers until it is time to give the next assignment.
    There is a greater number of parents who have gone through the school system not caring too much about their education and that cycle repeats itself in how their own children behave. If the parents don't care too much, why should we expect their children to?

3) Depends on the situation... for some it may be extremely large numbers of students in a class. For someone else, it could be lack of administrative direction and support. In more and more cases, it is a greater number of disinterested and disrespectful students which makes it so unfair to the students who do want to be there and do care. As a parent, I would be furious if my child was not receiving the education they could be because of a few students who continue to disrupt the classroom and little can be done about it!
    There is more and more paper work and documentation involved, often times for little more than covering yourself, and some of it never gets followed through on anyway!
    It is also popular for many school districts to jump on the band wagon for the next quick fix. They will pay large amounts of money for, and implement, new and flashy programs that often are little more than reformulated programs that have been tweaked and given new buzz words and catch phrases. They often last a couple of years before something else comes along. I call it "old wine....new bottle". If you are in the profession long enough, you tend to see the same type of things come back around again, but with prettier packaging... :)

4) Students will miss out, plain and simple.

5) It's a combination really... government accountability has gone over the top with grading schools and forcing mega importance on standardized test results. Fewer parents are as involved in their child's education and leave much of their child's upbringing to the school system. Thank goodness for those parents who are very involved and support their child's education! (the difference between the two is often quite obvious)
    You have always had some bad teachers who should not be teaching, but what has changed the most is how schools are viewed. They are now the scape goat for how poorly some students do, for the behavior some students choose to exhibit... but where does that stem from? If you don't get some of these kids on track when they are 7 or 8, and already causing problems in the classroom, don't expect to when they are 15 and 16. Some kids will make better choices on their own, they will overcome whatever issues got them off to a poor start in the first place... sadly many don't.

The usual fix is to throw more money at schools, but that is not always the problem. In fact, it is rarely the problem.....a good teacher can teach with very little when they have students and parents who are respectful, involved, and know that education is valued.

6) It's widespread... I talk with teachers in a few different countries and many are experiencing the same issues. Certainly there will be areas that have very few problems, even within one school district you may see a vast difference from school to school, but more and more are finding teaching is just not what it used to be, and in some areas you literally are putting your life in jeopardy. Not many teachers had to give that any thought 20 years ago!
    Doaa M Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 06:18 PM

Thank You DoulaLC :)
    Your answers are great and it`ll help me a lot . :)

I need more answers people, please..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need research please help [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know for a paper how much the united states government has spent on nuclear research since 1944. If I can get this answer and the proof then I can get an A. Please Help me I am just passing this class by the skin of my teeth and I would really love to pass with an A. Update on...

Research [ 1 Answers ]

Arizona does not have an outpatient detox-rehab center specifically for meth. If the stigma of meth is so dangerous, why do they treat ameth addict the same as an alcoholic. I have gone to a lot of meth sites on the web. Where can I find actually facts about the long term effects of meth

Research [ 4 Answers ]

I have been diagnosed w/ Borderline Personality Disorder! It doesn't help that I suffer from Bipolar Disorder, & Generalized Anxiety Disorder! I want to learn about Borderline Personality Disorder so that I can know what I can try to change Or what I can not change! I believe that some of it is...

View more questions Search