Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenyetta11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Violating Probation in ct
    Hi! My boyfriend was arrested in 1998 on a drug charge. He was sentence to 7years in jail. He only did 18months in jail and the let him go in 2000 but he had to report to a probation office. He never reported to probation. He left ct and want to New York. He ran from probation for 8years. He got caught here in New York for a drug charge where he was not to do no time. He went to court on the drug case here in New York and New York remanded him on a OUTSTANDING WARRANT in Ct. so now he doing 6months here in New York and after that ct suppose to come get him for the warrant. My question is CAN HE SERVE THE 6YEARS IN CT THAT HE OWE THEM.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2008, 09:16 PM

Yes, most likely he will serve the full 6 years.

After he returns he will have a hearing to determine this but most likely since he ran out, they will make him do the full time.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2008, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kenyetta11 View Post
    CAN HE SERVE THE 6YEARS IN CT THAT HE OWE THEM.
    Hello kenyetta:

Yup. Some or ALL of it.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violating probation [ 1 Answers ]

I was arrested for 2nd degree assault, domestic and I was on probation for another offense... my question is when I go to court is it considered a violation just because I was arrested or is it considered a violation if I'm convicted?

Violating probation [ 3 Answers ]

My son was caught driving under a suspended license first offense while on probation, he is in jail for with no bond and has court coming up. What kind of sentence do they usually give for that? He now has his license and has a good job. Thank you

Will He be violating his Probation? [ 2 Answers ]

My Boyfriend and I have decided to move in together but he currently lives in Ohio and is on Probation for a DUI (second offence) and I live in South Carolina. Can He move to SC while he's on probation?

My boyfriend and I had gotton into a dometic dispute which was not a violent crime but they called a domestic dispute since we live together. The police did get called and they found that are house was a mess and even though he had left before the police arrived they still did arrest him. They...

A friend of mine thought that his probation hadn't started yet and he was caught with steeling a 20$ dvd from a video rental store. He found out a few weeks later that he had violated his probation. The probation office said that he had been on it, just didn't have a probation officer. Will he...

View more questions Search