Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    something2cool Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Issuing new shares, to purchase assets that increase the value of all of the shares,
    As an example ABC ltd, has assets of $500,000 and liabilities of $500,000, with a turnover of $100,000 and a profit of $10,000, retained earning of negative $20,000.

ABC Ltd was set up with only one share and it is held by the single share holder.

Then ABC Ltd (under the direction of the shareholder) issues 999 more shares.

899 of those shares are given (at no cost) to the original one share holder.

Then the company sells the remaining 100 shares to an investor for $100,000.

This $100,000 is then used to purchase assets necessary for the company to grow.

With this asset in place the company wins a contract that increases its turnover and profit.

Can anybody see anything wrong with this scenario? Both share holders are fully informed of all the facts at all stages.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 12, 2008, 02:31 PM
    Thank you for taking the time to copy your homework to AMHD.
    Please refer to this announcement: Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Homework Help
    something2cool Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to copy your homework to AMHD.
    Please refer to this announcement: Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Homework Help
    Hi, did it sound like home work, it is a real company, (I just changed it to ABC Ltd.) that I am involved in. my concern was does this produce tax problems for the initial share holder, I don't want to set up a shareholder loan to the original shareholder as that is not the deal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Issuing of shares [ 2 Answers ]

If a new corporation was to sell shares, how exactly is this recorded in the books. I would assume you would Dr. the cash account and maybe Cr. The stock account?

Shares applied for and shares alloted [ 2 Answers ]

I am a bit confused - the following is a question in my assignment: Xx Ltd was registered on 1 Jan with a capital of R80 000, divided into 10 000 5% preff shares @ R2.00 each, and 30 000 ordinary shares of R2.00 each. Preff shares were fully subscribed and duly allotted, but only 25 000 ordinary...

66% shares [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I owned the 66% of one company Can I sell this company even when the guy that owned the other 33 % does not want to? Florida company

View more questions Search