Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MJ2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 01:06 PM
    Getting janitorial contracts
    Once a potential customer says they already have a cleaning company then what? Do I offer a lower price? It seems the people I am contacting are not the decision makers and really don't want to listen to what I have to say.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2008, 10:10 AM

Hi, MJ2!

If the people you're contacting aren't the decision makers, would it be possible for you to find out who the decision makers are so that you could then contact them personally?

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 21, 2008, 11:28 PM

YOu will NOT succeed if you do not get past the "gate keepers."

One simple way is to simply say, " I would like to speak to the person that CONTRACTS the nightly cleaning for YOUR company." Get that persons name and call and ask for them directly or write a letter or better yet an email directly to them. Then follow up... first tries are usually not sales in this business... passive aggression is always necessary... along with actually listening to your clients, you are the problem solver.

When I hear "but we already have a cleaning company" I say "great"... and with a smile I say, "but you do not have us...and that is why I am here..." "At this time I only want to send some information directly to him/her."

To let a gate keeper control your life and make you put your tail between your legs and leave... is tantamount to surrendering and letting that person control your success and your future.

Stringer
    northstar1130 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2010, 08:01 PM
    Instead of asking if they have cleaning company assume they do and then ask them if they are happy with whom they have if they are it will probably go no where no matter what price if they show dissatisfaction then attack that and yes first ask for the person that is in charge of the cleaning services
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2010, 02:12 AM
    Very old and now archived thread.

Thread is no longer visible on the currently active threads list.

Original poster has never returned to the thread to post responses.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Janitorial Services [ 1 Answers ]

I just started a Janitorial business L.L.C. and I would like to know how to bid like a professional on janitorial accounts. Is there a book I can purchase or a sq. ft. estimating chart I can obtain. Also if possible can you help me determine which insurances I will need to obtain for my business?

Janitorial service [ 1 Answers ]

What should I expect on a interview for a janitorial position

Janitorial Business [ 2 Answers ]

Been wanting to start a business through janitorial but don't know where and how do I start. What are the possible gains and risks. Answer anyone. Thank you.. MITZI

Janitorial services [ 4 Answers ]

I will like to get an answer, How can I get contracts for my cleaning services?

View more questions Search