Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barsdebt Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2006, 08:49 AM
    Cht 7 filers did you keep or lose your house?
    We're in the process of filing a chapter 7 bankruptcy. We were told that if they took our house we'd get $30,000 cash, but they may not take the house. We were told that it could go either way. Our lawyer told us to be prepared that they sell the house. Honestly after our 30K expemtion, mortgage balance & closing costs there may only be 5 - 15K left for them. Do they usually take a house for that amount? Or are my chances of keeping the house pretty high? What else do they look at when making the determination? How many of you have experience with chapter 7 & have been able to keep your house & how many have had the Chapter 7 trustees take it to sell it? Thank you in advance for any replies
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2006, 09:21 AM
    As they said it is completely up to the judge and how hard the other creditors are fighting for every penney they can get.

So there is just no way to tell

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lose weight [ 6 Answers ]

I weigh 56 kilos, and I'm 5 feet 4 inches. I know I'm not fat, but I have quite a big tummy. I mean again its not fat, but my ideal weight would be 50 kilos. I don't exercise really, which I know I should. My question is what are the right foods to eat to lose weight on my tummy?

Help me lose it [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm brandon and I'm 15. Now I play football and I want to get into rele good shape. Im 5'9 and 160 pounds. I work out and have muscle but I still am not happy with my body. My stomach seems to get huge every time I eat the littlest things and I dotn want to end up making myself throw up just...

Need some help to lose weight.. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I want some tips to lose weight so please give me efftive tips because I tried many of them doing.. I did many execersie and also started gym but no good result please help me...

Can We Lose Our Car? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband recently got a notice of Garnishment for our bank account for a repossession of a car. If he was to file Chap 7 alone, could we lose our current car? I was also on the re-possed car as co-owner but I am not on this one. I am also on disability, so they can not garnish my disability...

How to lose wieght? [ 9 Answers ]

Hey I have one more problem with my life.. and that's my wieght as you know I'm 15 going on to 16 and I weigh 180 pounds... I've always been overwieght... I have a slow metabolism... I tried No carb diets, and in 1 week I lost 7 - 10 pounds but I feel really dizzy and tired and I womit a lot.. so I...

View more questions Search