Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melanie42276 Posts: 56, Reputation: 0

Dec 12, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Mad about lice!
    Every time I send my child over to her fathers she comes home with lice. Im fed up with it. What to do??
    Eileen1218 Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Dec 12, 2008, 11:28 AM

That's neglect on the father's part. If you have a case worker talk to her and let her know.
    If you don't have one report it to the appropriate children's services.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 12, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Lice is not always neglect. Did you know that it is actually the cleanest kids that get lice? Kids that don't bathe daily or wash their hair daily don't get lice as the lice cannot attach to an oily hair strand.

How often does your child go to the father's? Could it be that the lice infestation has not been cleared up prior to the visit? It is recommended that a second treatment be done 10 days after the original treatment.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 11:34 AM

Make sure that the Dad bags all of the bedding for 48 hours in plastic bags then washes them in HOT water.

Dec 12, 2008, 01:09 PM

I live in orlando and no I don't have a case worker. I know how to get rid of lice but the father and his girl friend and her 4 kids have no plans on doing anything about it. This has been going on for two years that I know of. I get my child clear of it and keep her home for awhile and I let her go over there for one hour and she gets it back. I hear that in the state of fla. There is nothing I can do about it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2008, 01:33 PM

So everyone at the fathers house have lice and will not treat thierself?

Are the kids in school, they can't go with lice and would be sent home if the school knew??

Dec 12, 2008, 01:42 PM

I'm not sure what school they go to or I would go about it like that, but yes they all have it and they seem not to care about it at all. They look at me like I'm just trying to start a fight and that is not the case at all.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 02:31 PM

The school would send them home and not allow them to return until they are all clear. Is your daugther in school?

Dec 12, 2008, 02:48 PM

I kept her home today
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 02:57 PM

Oh, I meant does she go to school... :) Check with the social worker for her school about what, if anything, might be done. At least it would be a place to start.
    Krusty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 04:14 PM

The only way to get rid of lice and keep them away is every time your child has there hair washed is to bone comb there hair and see if anything comes out i.e. eggs or lice. If there is then they need treated. I think you should advice your ex partner the same and tell him to change the child's bedclothes after she has stayed.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2008, 07:39 PM

I am sure you can find out what school the other kids attend and call that school up and report your concerns about the lice infestation of these children. By not contacting the school system you are perpetuating an epidemic and letting other innocent children (like yours for instance) keep having this come back!! Call up the local school board and speak to them. I'm sure they will happily figure out what school the other kids attend. You'll be glad you did. Then your child will be bug free! Yippee!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting rid of lice? [ 10 Answers ]

My daughter has had lice for about 3 weeks now. Every couple of days I pull them all out of her hair, wash everything and vacuum the floor, with a clean bag. And Still they keep coming back. I am sure the source is at her school but they refuse to do anything, including checking other children. I...

Lice from Parakeets [ 1 Answers ]

My baby's moma is in at me about my son having head lice. I don't have lice. My other kids don't have lice. My fiancé don't have lice. I do however have parakeets. Can they have the same lice that is tranmittable to humans? Also is it true that black people don't get lice?

When dealing with longhair and Lice [ 7 Answers ]

:eek: :eek: I have a problem. I love having long hair.I just do.Okay, but then I work out and it gets sweaty, and then somehow I get lice:eek: .But then I cut it short and I don't.Right now it is short, but I want to know ANY WAYS that you know of to prevent or get rid of lice while having long...

Head lice [ 11 Answers ]

I had lice and my head itched like crazy and I felt crawling. So then my mom put mannayoise in my hair and suffacated all of them. They all came out but my head still itches... but no crawling and I don't think I have lice anymore. But the itching is my question. Am I just getting over the bites?...

Guineapig Lice - Seriousness [ 2 Answers ]

Yesterday I acquired a 2 and a half year old guinea pig who's sister had died. I was initially worried she had a parasite infestation and today after checking her over I can confirm she has static lice. I am obtaining some insecticidal shampoo immediately but I fear this is the reason why her...

View more questions Search