Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Siam2219 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 10:33 AM
    I can't stop the Static on my couch!
    :mad: Ugh. I just bought a new leather and microsuede couch... I should have known better, since the couch I had previously was microsuede. The static is unbearable. I can sit on it and there is crackling and my hair stands up.

I'm wondering if I use a humidifier in the living room, would it help decrease the static charge?

And what about Static Guard or another anti-static spray? How long do these products last?

One last question, I'm debating using Scotch Guard on the couch as well... I have 2 big dogs and a cat that seem to think they can jump on the couch and I SOMEHOW won't see them or the infamous tell-tale BLANKET of hair left behind! Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Does anyone have any helpful hints or opinions on the matter? Maybe an annectdote?
    KingJasper05 Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Dec 12, 2008, 10:49 AM

A humidifier will definitely help if there's low humidity in your dwelling. Keep the humidity up during the winter and you'll notice a difference in your heating needs as well. You may even sleep better.

As for the static guard spray... I'd not recommend it yet. You could and are entitled to discuss with the furniture store.
    polly123 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2009, 02:54 PM
    Run a fabric softner sheet over the couch.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 03:01 PM

I agree with polly123. If you get dryer sheets and just run them over the couch, the static should stay off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat is peeing on my couch [ 8 Answers ]

My cat is about a year and a half old. She has started peeing on my couch, she uses her litterbox but she pees on my couch about once a week or so. I have heard that putting vinegar on the area will make them stop but it doesn't seem to be working. I am all out of answers and am hoping someone can...

Puppy nips and chews non-stop when in bed or on the couch [ 19 Answers ]

I don't have a problem with having our puppy sit on our furniture. In fact, I would be happy if he would eventually sleep in our bed. The problem, though, is that every single time I put him on the couch or on the bed, he goes into a little nipping fit. It's like a power stronger than himself, and...

Earwigs in a couch? [ 5 Answers ]

We recently moved our couch over to make room for visitors and discovered several dead earwigs in the impression from one of the legs. We've moved the couch before and not seen anything, and we haven't seen any live earwigs, but now we're wondering what to do. Is there any way to save the couch and...

Second Hand Couch [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a couch from a second hand store. I checked the couch for bugs when I first got home but didn't see any. Apart from visually 'eyeing" the couch, is there any way to ensure it doesn't have bugs or am I being overly cautious here.. Any help with this query is greatly appreciated.

Comfortable couch [ 2 Answers ]

How do you choose a comfortable couch? I purchased a big soft comfy couch in the store. After 1 month everyone in my house has a backache. This couch is very soft and has deep seats. I am changing it but am not sure if there is a formula for a comfortable couch that will remain comfortable long...

View more questions Search