Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarathchandra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 09:29 AM
    How to choose rails of a gantry crane
    Dear sir/madam,

Many kind of crane rails are available in market. But how to choose the correct rails for the following crane.
    Crane maximum weights is 20000kg and safe working load is 50000kg. There are 4 steel wheels which the diameter 2ft, width of wheel 10cm.
    wvhlbly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 11:26 AM
    The type of rail used for your grantry crane will depend solely on the wheels you have. Are they flat, convex, tapered? What hardness are they? Is the crane gear driven by a track, pulley driven with a cable or is it manual? Call crane pro parts in Houston Texas and ask for a man named John Carney. He works in the crane parts business that I used to work in and he is very knowledgeable and will be able to help you out. Tell him Rick from Ohio sent you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are chair rails out of date? [ 6 Answers ]

We have a dinning room that is dark and has a chair rail with paper below it and sponge painting above it. We want to remove the wall paper and repaint the room. We are just wondering if we should leave the chair rail up and paint two different colors above and below or leave the chair rail down...

My daughter is going of the rails [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 18 stealing&has been throne out by her mum,my present girlfriend says she untidy&girlfriend &wont put up with her, I don't know what to for the best?she's my first born... wit end dad:eek:

Pool bottom rails [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find the rails for under my silverado pool. It is between 10 and 13 years old. Does anyone know where to find it? I have searched extensively for it online and not been able to discover anything close. I would appreciate any ideas. Thanks!

Chair rails [ 1 Answers ]

How high should a chair rail be in a 9 foot high room?

View more questions Search