Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amrajesh Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 09:25 AM
    Turning hot water cold
    Hi all,
    I am having a bad experience here where I live. The place is hot extremely. My problem is whenever I open my tap / shower I get "Hot" water. No matter I turn it cold or hot or medium, the outcome is always hot and I mean it. The hottest hot water in the world I think. There is A/C's all over the place, in rooms and buildings, but nothing to control the heat of water. Does any one have any idea to get some cool water for shower. All they have provided me is water heater, which could be usable only in the winter time. Please help me.. :((
    Raj:(
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Dec 12, 2008, 09:31 AM

Odd

This is for every sink?
    Try this...
    Go to the bathroom (or kitchen) sink
    Underneath... find the shutoff valve for the hot water (should be the one on the left)
    Turn it off
    Now turn on the cold water... does it come out? Is it still hot?

Leave it running for a good 5 minutes or more.. still hot?
    amrajesh Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 11:44 AM

Thank you... But the situation here in this country is like really Hot climate. Deserted...
    So its always hot... the ground water comes hot... only solution I could find is, if I use the water from "switched off" water heater, its cold I mean normal temp. but within a min, it gets warm and then hot(as I use the water from heater through shower or whatever) , as the water flows into the heater from outside is so hot, that it heats up the cold water in the heater... We never switch on the water heater... at least thereby saving the cold water inside the heater.. see how desperate I am... I am looking for some solution which could be connected to the pipe or something which cools the hot water... :)
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Dec 15, 2008, 11:28 AM

Well, hmm... I did some looking and its hard to find systems to cool water (try typing water cooler into Google.. lol.. it just shows drinking water coolers like for an office)

The best I have found so far would be something like this:
    Oasis R8 Water Chiller 8 GPH - FreshWaterSystems.com
    But it only can do 8 gallons per hour... (its actually for a drinking fountain... so it would be damn cold! Lol)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Turning off water to hot water tank [ 12 Answers ]

My bathtub hot water faucet has a leak, and I cannot find any valve to turn off the flow to the faucet. If I turn off the water to the hot water tank, would that damage the tank or cause other problems?

Turning Off My Cold Water [ 1 Answers ]

Last week I actually broke my shower handle because my cold water would not turn off. I have fixed my handle, but when I put my main water on -- I still cannot turn off my cold water. Please help. Val

Irregular water pressure when first turning on water [ 4 Answers ]

I just notched that when I turn on my facuts or even shower, that the first few seconds, the water kind of comes out very strong and then it weakens to a normal low pressure like flow. The flow isn't horrible or anything, but I wish it would come out like the first few seconds the whole time. What...

View more questions Search