Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xbabycakesxx Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Long distance relationship?
    Do long distance relationships ever work. We both really love each other. We met over the internet and ave only met once so far vut he's coming again next week. But after that I won't see him for ages. The problem is I miss him everyday and its hard not seeing him. I know he wants to give it ago and I do too. But I do wonder if it will ever work
    ingrid119 Posts: 63, Reputation: 9

Dec 12, 2008, 09:42 AM

They can. I've been with my boyfriend for a year tomorrow and we started going out when he was doing a tour of Korea for the army and now he's stationed in NC while I'm in CA. For the first 5 months of our relationship we never got to see each other but now we see each other for about 2 weeks every 2 to 3 months. And we have the best overall relationship out of everyone I know.

But the thing is for the relationship to work you have to have the mental mindframe of 'I don't need to be in a relationship' because you are alone quite a bit... you're more independent than if you were in a relationship with someone you had the option of seeing everyday. If you're the type of person that always needs to be in a relationship a long distance will be incrediblely difficult for you. All the luck to you, though!

Dec 12, 2008, 09:44 AM

Thanks I really want it 2 work though
    Gabriella19 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 06:34 AM

I once had a long distance relation.. but it didn't deal with me that type of relationship..
    .I just tell you this if he really wants you and you really want him... you can work it out together for sure...
    Prime Goddess Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 08:25 PM

Well, I could say some worked while some will not. But I don't usually believe on dating online not unless the guy would come to your place and stick with you or fix things for you so you two could move together in one place. I once had long distance relationship, it took 2 years but after then he felt sorry over us when he was tempted to another woman in his place and can't forgive himself for doing that and suddenly he disappeared. And now I have this foreign guy who had just come to my place for soccer training and eventually got interest on me but things didn't go through with us because he doesn't know what he really wants.
    Sweetie, I could say you're not alone. Things may happen so fast between you and that guy but the game isn't always over. Learn to compensate and strengthen yourself in ever circumstances that life and love brought in. that is how I spoke to myself. Just play fairly and in smart way.
    cc_baby Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Dec 15, 2008, 04:39 PM

My husband met online and was in a long time relationship for awhile they do work as long as your strong enough too make it work. What worked for us is that we both got web cams and saw each other everyday even though I couldn't touch him I still felt close to him because he gave me a couple of his shirts to sleep in and it made the distance thing feel a lot better

Jan 6, 2009, 06:27 AM
    I'm scared he'll flirt
    I'm wiv my bpyfriend. I'm 16 and he's 21. So a 5year age gap. It isn't really a problem, but he goes out wiv mates at the weekend, and I get worried that he'll see a girl, flirt wiv her and end up doing stuff wiv her. When I try to tell him how I feel, he just says he'll never find any else, and he doesn't let me explain the way I feel and then I just end up getting annoyed wiv him. I need help about what to do really
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2009, 06:30 AM

You need to feel more self confident and secure before you lose him to your insecurities.
    Insecurities turn guys off AND are a number one reason for break ups.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 06:50 AM

I will tell you truthfully, it is extremely hard to keep a relationship like yours going. I don't know why a 21 year old would date a 16 year old (no offense). There is a HUGE gap in maturity and lifestyle there as I am assuming you live in America right? At any rate, you do need to control your own insecurities, however I could see how you might have them with the age gap and all.

Jan 6, 2009, 06:53 AM

I live in england not america
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 07:08 AM

Well, whatever. My point of view is simple. So what? What does it mean if he flirts? I don't mean to sound harsh, but really. Flirting can be misconstrued as so many different things anyway... just talking to a girl can be called "flirting" sometimes. He is your boyfriend, and you are his girlfriend, period. Until something else disproves that, don't worry about it.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2009, 07:15 AM

Realize too that if he was going to leave you for somebody else or cheat it is better you find out now than 3, 4, 5 years or more from now. But accusations and worrying about it will only push him into it.

Jan 9, 2009, 09:38 AM
    Why does he do this
    Ny boyfriend always thinks I'm going off with some other guy and no matter what I say it never stops. I've asked him to stop before but he never does. Its starting to really annoy me now and it isn't good because I take it out on him and then we both shout at each other. And when I say I love him, it's like he doesn't believe that either.

When I ask him about why he thinks I'm going with some other guy, he just says he's scared because I'm so beautiful and I mean everything to him, but he's scared that some other guy will take interest and I'll go with him. What can I do? I need a bit of help
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 9, 2009, 09:45 AM

He has jealousy ,and some deep insecurity issues, and he must learn to deal with them.

In addition to telling him to stop, help educate him as to why he feels that way, which means educating yourself.

There are a lot of books about, jealousy, insecurity, low self esteem, all rooted in FEAR, on the market, or just Google these items for some insights, as to why he acts that way.

Its really his problem to deal with, but I understand your concern, and care.

I hope he can deal with his issues, good luck.

Jan 9, 2009, 09:52 AM

Thank you. But how can he become less jealous and everything and what can I do to help
    NorthernNiceGuy Posts: 238, Reputation: 75

Jan 9, 2009, 10:01 AM

I don't think there is a whole lot you can do unless he realizes for himself that how he is acting is unreasonable. Jealousy is a relationship killer. You have to let him know that these thoughts he has are unfounded, and that you are not going to leave him for another guy...

I agree with tal that maybe the two of you should look into some books on the subject... May I also suggest that a couples counseling may be a good idea... Having an outside voice can usually help because the person is more apt to listen to their opinion and be less confrontational.

"Jealousy always has the opposite effect you want it to"
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 9, 2009, 10:10 AM
    Ask Me Help Desk - Search Results

I see you both have some issues, that you may not be experienced in dealing with, so as you educate yourself on these subject, maybe you both can help each other, but between the distance, your age differences, and personal issues, and having unprotected sex, there is bound to be conflicts to be resolved, and fear that neither of you knows, exactly how to cope with your own feelings as of yet.

I hope you take a lot more caution when dealing with each other, as all your actions have consequences that your not ready for, and will change both of your lives forever.

For now maybe your mom, or an older female, can explain why and how to deal with your feelings better, and understand his as well.

Feb 9, 2009, 11:24 AM
    I'm falling for someone else
    I've been wth my guy about three months now but I've started fallingfo someone else and I really like him. He says he likes me too, and if I didn't ave a boyfriend he would want to be with me and make it work. But I don't know what to do. Please help
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 11:30 AM

The grass isn't always greener on the other side, either give your boyfriend all of your heart or leave
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 11:32 AM

Rome, I couldn't have said it better myself.

You're being unfair to your boyfriend and there's nothing worse than feeling you have been betrayed. Don't cheat. Leave if that's what you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Long Distance Relationship [ 6 Answers ]

I'm currently in a long distance relationship. My boyfriend and I are about 2100 miles away!! :( It's 2 months until I see him again, and its been 3months since I've seen him. Has anyone ever been in a long distance relationship or is in one? Write your stories here:)

Long distance relationship. [ 2 Answers ]

Sorry its so long... it's my 1st question ever. Hi!. so I'm in a long distance relationship, we've been dating for about 4 months and everything has been good we have seen each other at least once or twice (both equally visited each other) BUT recently he moved back home to his parents for...

Long distance relationship [ 2 Answers ]

I'm currently dating a guy I met on skype, from ghana. I really want the relationship to work but how do I know for sure that I can trust him.

Long Distance Relationship [ 5 Answers ]

K so basically my girlfriend is going away for a French program and it's a month, and she's leaving in less then a week, any suggestion what I should do? Like is it good to contact each other everyday or should this be a test of how long we can go without each other?

Long distance relationship [ 3 Answers ]

I'm still in high school living with a parent. My boyfriend lives 30 min away and he just got out of school. I use to see him every weekend. My parent has kemo every other Saturday which means I can only see him every other weekend. When I do see him my parent watches us the whole time. We only...

View more questions Search