Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nuugie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2006, 07:37 AM
    Anchoring to stone
    I live on the water and need to anchor a wood platform to large stones on the shore. Does anyone know how to go about anchoring into stone?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2006, 09:31 AM
    If you mean how to do secure a object to a large stone, drilling a hole in and fastening a special rod into the stone is done often, next merely a cable around the stone
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 8, 2006, 11:48 AM
    Be certain the boulder is that heavy as it is very easy to underestimate the action of water on a floating wood platform. You don't want to find out after the fact it was enough to drag the rock. It might be better to call a dock builder to have an expert come look see first.
    nuugie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2006, 08:12 PM
    Thank you for your response. By any chance, do you know what kind of anchor I would need and where I would buy it?
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 9, 2006, 04:43 AM
    Go to a marine store and ask them about anchor types. Be prepared to tell them the dimensions of the platform and the condition of the bottom under the water where the platfrom is... I would be willing to bet they will nix securing to the rocks on shore idea too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Indian emerald stone [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to know more about a frosted Indian emerald stone. What is its status among emeralds?

Blarny stone [ 5 Answers ]

What is the story behind the blarny stone?

Parging stone foundation [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips for parging an old stone foundation? And how far should I go down?

View more questions Search