Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irish43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Avg free anti virus
    I'm using avg free edition on both my office and home computers. When I try to update; I'm getting the message ".bin file missing". Please help, if you can.
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Dec 12, 2008, 08:17 AM

Its probably a corrupted update (this has happened before)

1 - Start up AVG,click Update Now.
    2 - The list of updates is shown in Popup, click on the more information link.A list of updates will be shown.
    3 - Click on and save all updates in a file except the last one - (Whatever the name of it is) - because this is causing the problem.
    4 - Cancel the update and instead click on Tools > Update from Directory and go to the file where you saved the updates.Install these and AVG should be working properly again.
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Dec 21, 2008, 07:24 PM

Found this solution on the Yahoo answers forum from member intc_escapee and it worked for me:

1) go to »AVG Antivirus and Security Software - Download AVG Software Updates
    2) make a directory on your desktop called AVG
    3) download AVI: 270.6.4
    4) download IAVI: / 1616
    5) move the dowloaded files to the directory you made called AVG
    6) launch AVG
    7) select tools -> update from directory
    8) select the directory called AVG where you put the downloads

That's it. Should be fixed.

From: Avg says .bin missing when updating - dslreports.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free anti-virus? [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone know of some good free anti-virus software?

Free anti virus programs [ 3 Answers ]

:rolleyes: My Norton subscription is about to run out. Any suggestions for a good free download to replace it? Thanks , Prairie Son

Info: Free Anti-Virus [ 2 Answers ]

According to some recent research by a group called "Get Safe Online", a whopping 17% of people do not have a virus scanner on their PC. 23% people also do not have a firewall (Source). These stats did amaze me when I first saw them. In today's society where major virus outbreaks hit the main...

What's the best Anti Spyware and the best Anti Virus? [ 4 Answers ]

Just curious as to what works best for you? Take care, Happy Holidays to you and yours

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search