Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Miklos1937 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Clim assessment
    The Father died having one son and a younger brother. And a sister,
    The Deceased was living in Las Vegas USA.
    The Deceased has shot Himself
    The brother living in the UK
    The Deceased left his Wife and son when the son was 4-5 years old,and did not see him till
    4 years ago. The son is 33 now. The Father did not paid any maintenance
    Date of death is 30/11/08
    The Brother living in the UK like to know if He has any claim from the estate.
    There is no will.
    He left a sign letter the day before he shot himself where he left everything to his son
    Thank you
    MV Pasztor
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miklos1937 View Post
    The Father died having one son and a younger brother. and a sister,
    The Deceased was living in Las Vegas USA.
    The Deceased has shot Himself
    The brother living in the UK
    The Deceased left his Wife and son when the son was 4-5 years old,and did not see him till
    4 years ago. The son is 33 now. the Father did not payed any maintenance
    Date of death is 30/11/08
    The Brother living in the UK like to know if He has any claim from the estate.
    There is no will.
    He left a sign letter the day before he shot himself where he left everything to his son
    Thank you
    MV Pasztor

This is a question for the legal boards, not the bereavement board.

And, no, I see no claim that the brother has on the Estate. The son is the first in line to inherit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401K withdrawal age without tax assessment [ 2 Answers ]

I understood that after the age of 69 or 70 one could withdraw their 401K or IRA money and not pay any Federal Income tax on this withdrawal even if the money that was placed into these accounts was pretaxed income. Karl Jacobson

Can condominium assessment be a deductible expense? [ 1 Answers ]

I am right now a comdominium unit owner and the condominium complex is planning to make major repairs and is now going to charge unit owners for an assessment for the repairs. Can I use this assessment as a deductible expense?

Property Assessment [ 6 Answers ]

My Landlady is trying to get her property reassessed, (I think to refinance.) The property she owns is one parcel about 4.5 acres with 3 rental units on the same property. She got mad when she found out that the assessor was looking around the property, she said that he was only supposed to...

Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure Tax Assessment [ 2 Answers ]

I hold a 2nd Deed of Trust against a property in California. The property owner is way behind and I've started the Notice of Default proceedings. The property owner has requested that we do a Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure and that I not report this foreclosure to the credit agencies. Given the...

View more questions Search