Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJames Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Employment Background Checks
    Thirteen to fifteen years ago, I had several DUIs within a period of a couple of years. I was going through a divorce and on those occasions acted irresponsibly. How long do employment background checks go back for a job working for the state in the state of Georgia?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJames View Post
    Thirteen to fifteen years ago, I had several DUIs within a period of a couple of years. I was going through a divorce and on those occasions acted irresponsibly. How long do employment background checks go back for a job working for the state in the state of Georgia?

I can't speak for Georgia but assume it's the same as NY - your entire record forever is visible to a Government agency.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employment background checks [ 5 Answers ]

I am in the process of having a new potential employer (for a call center supervisor) conduct a background check. I have an IRS bill, will they see this and deny me a job because of my bill? It's a telecommunications company.

Background checks [ 5 Answers ]

I have 3 questions that involves teaching for the state of Florida if anyone should know. 1. How far do background checks go for prospective teachers? Meaning, do they only look at "convictions" and not arrests? 2. This question is for those who are familiar with the question process...

Background checks [ 2 Answers ]

My husband is being hired by a credit union (not working with the money) and had to be fingerprinted to be bonded. About 11 years ago he had a DUI which followed all the requirements by the courts and he had a solicitation charge which he had expunged from his record I think in 2002. Will these...

Employment background checks, shoplifting 10 yrs ago [ 3 Answers ]

I was arrested for shoplifting over 10 years ago... does anyone know how long this stays on record (calif)? I'm trying to find employment but worried this may still be haunting me.

Fbi background checks [ 1 Answers ]

Will an arrest warrant on small local scale show up in a fbi fingerprint background check? No conviction. I received a citation and was given a court date.

View more questions Search