Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kazza73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 04:06 AM
    Children
    My children are under the social services care, because I had a breakup with there father and I couldn't cope so I started drinking now they live with thjere father I haven't drank in 5 months how can I get my children back
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 04:36 AM

Have you completed a program or been to a prgram to help you with your addiction? Most of these places have social workers that can help you.

Was you suppose to complete a program and/or parenting class by a social service. You have to have a social worker so it is best that you talk to him or her to find out what you can do because most likely you would've to go back to court and prove that your capable of thinking care of your kids.

Also, seeing a counselor might help you too because that can at least help to prove that your mentally able to deal with your kids.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Liz is right, you have to get with the social worker that was assigned to you and the kids. She/he would have told you plenty that you will need to do to get the kids back or at least back to visits and such. It may be a long road but well worth it. Also, have you talked to the father?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want My Children to Visit Me. Order is from State Where Children No Longer Live [ 8 Answers ]

Children were living with mother in Hawaii when order was signed. Children and mother are now living in NC, have been for 3 years. Does State of NC have jurisdiction or do we have to go back to Hawaii? I want my children to come visit me where I live and she is saying I have to go to NC to visit...

Me having children [ 2 Answers ]

Will I ever have children... If so how old will I be?

Children you don't see [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I wondered if he can sign his rights over to his three kids outside the home? He has spent most of their life in prison and two of the kids have a new father fugure in their life. Their mother wants him to sign over the boys

2 children [ 8 Answers ]

I am starting to keep 2 children ages 12 months and 3 years for 4 days a week from 5:30 P.M. - 11:15 P.M. and Saturdays from 9:30 A.M - 11:15 P.M. how much should I be charging is $75.00 per child too much which is about $2.15 an hour?

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

View more questions Search