Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Canuck23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 10:23 PM
    Third Fraud Infraction! What do I do?
    Hi everyone. I got caught stealing at the mall yesterday morning, I walked into a store and the lady that worked there I guess noticed me somehow and thought I look like the type of person that steals and automatically called the security officer and he came with a cop right away and took me to the security office and blah blah... I am not allowed to ever go to that mall again but the police officer said there is a chance that they will press charges(the police)... depending what the detective says and stuff and some other bull... I have a charge pending right now from the police but I got accepted for Adult Diversion for that and it's pending because I am supposed to make the last payment to my lawyer this Monday so the police officer said you have a charge pending and you have committed a under 5000 fraud in 2005 so there is a chance I might get charged again... what are the chances of the police charging me if he didn't charge me right at the scene yesterday morning? What can I do? The security captain at the mall said I can get a counselor and he can call him after I've taken some classes and talk to him in regards to me being allowed in the mall again. What should I do? How do I get a counselor? Thank you for your help and seasons greetings.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2008, 08:34 AM

How do you get a counsellor? Open the phone book and call one up. Stay away from that mall unless you like being hasselled.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 18, 2008, 10:50 AM

You should go to jail, since blah blah blah you are obviously not sorry for stealing just sorry you got caught.

But you need to be more worried about the current case, since this criminal act can void that offer and you can lose the diversion because of the new criminal act.

And yes, it is not uncommom to receive a notice of a hearing several weeks latter.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 22, 2008, 02:59 AM
    I have to agree with fr_Chuck, this is your third fraud infraction, and you aren't even admitting to stealing!

I do not see any respect for anybody here, not the store/people you have stolen from, or the Police. You show no remorse or concern for what you've done, and despite chances through programs like Adult Diversion, you still get caught stealing.

Why do you do this. Once is a mistake, twice or more is a deliberate act, and I don't understand enough of your circumstances to say or judge you by what you've said so far.

What are the positive things in your life. What have you learned, if anything, about yourself, and what you need to do to change. Are you just talking tough, but you are really scared underneath it all?

I do hope for your sake that you straighten out before people give up on you, and you do indeed, spend time in jail.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance Fraud/Advance commission fraud [ 10 Answers ]

I'm sure this post with be confusing to some of you but any advice would be greatly appreciated. I was hired back in October of 2005 as an independent contractor selling life insurance policies. One of my clients that I sold a policy to mentioned that she had a few family members that were...

Infraction in criminal records [ 3 Answers ]

I have an infraction in my criminal record (Driving w/o driver's license) It reads: DISPO: convicted Conviction status: infraction Fine: $100 I wanted to expunge this, but I talked to a lawyer, and she said that infractions can not be expunged and that infractions...

View more questions Search