Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    August1459 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2006, 10:15 PM
    Statue of limitation
    What is the statue of limitation on statutory rape? Also, the time of limitation has passed, what other way can you charge some one with statutory rape against a 14 year old, if they were 25 at the time?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2006, 06:41 AM
    Hello August:

The statute of limitations varies in each state. Plus it varies depending on the crime. If someone you know is a victim, GO TO THE POLICE. YOU cannot charge them with anything. Prosecutors do that. DO NOT try to figure out what crime was committed and make decisions based on that.

Maybe, just maybe, the crime was sexual assault, rather than statutory rape. That crime may be prosecutable today.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2006, 09:39 AM
    Yes the number of years vary from state to state as excon said. And the laws as written vary from state to state, as a victim you should always report it to the police, so that it can be made public at least.
    August1459 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2006, 10:59 PM
    Thank you all so much for your answers. The case happened in Mississippi some 31 years ago. Since there was a child conceived, who the father still will not acknowledge or ever have acknowledged, but blood test has shown that he is the father. He was 25 and the girl 14. He has paid no child support or anything. Just looking to see what it left to do. Thanks
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2006, 04:03 PM
    Since the child will be 30/31 years old now, collecting child support will be out of the question.

But the charge of statutory rape might still be valid.

Check out Mississippi law for what the SOL on statutory rape is.
    blizzard57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by August1459
    What is the statue of limitation on statutory rape? Also, the time of limitation has passed, what other way can you charge some one with statutory rape against a 14 year old, if they were 25 at the time?
    You can charge someone with rape anytime you want. I did after over 30 years 2 years ago.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitation (SoL) ontario [ 11 Answers ]

I live in ontario,Canada . 7 years ago, going through divorce, I stopped paying my debts ( credit cards, line of credit (unsecured), personal loan(unsecured),store cards). Collection agencies were chasing me but had no luck finding me. This week I check my credit report from both equifax and...

Statue of limitations in nova scotia [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the statue of limitations of credit card debt in Nova Scotia and where I can call or find this proof.I was told there was no such thing but I know this is not true.

Statue of Limitation [ 2 Answers ]

What is the statute of Limitation on a DUI charge in BC or Canada. I have a warrant out of my arrest in BC. I didn't even know about it until I was pulled over in Alberta. I was under the impression from the cop that I talked to on the phone that I had taken care of all of that mess. But then I...

Collection Agency-Sttatue of limitation to collect deb [ 13 Answers ]

I have been contacted by Nordon Collections on a debt from May 2003 In which they advise I owe $9,467.00 due to a car loan after they sold The vehicle on a repo they advised I owe this amount and will take Me to Superior court If I don't pay it today and garnishee my wages. I advised them I do...

View more questions Search