Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bubblejungle Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2006, 10:09 PM
    Nympho or no?
    I have sex often. I masturbate often. Most people wouldn't see this as a problem, but I find that sex has been getting in the way of my relationships. I don't want to stop having sex, but I almost feel I have to because its getting to feel almost like a drug to me. Before I was with my current boyfriend, sex was something I did just to do. It meant absolutely nothing to me and now I have to live with some serious regret. I really do love this man and I don't want my overactive sexual drive to ruin this like it has so many times before.

I think my main question is... does anyone know of any natural ways to curb this drive a little? Even some encouragement would be nice... this really bothers me.
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jul 8, 2006, 12:12 AM
    It is called will power. If you have the will to stop or slow down at least there is away.
    You can try counseling.
    It is like you said you can masturbate more. So you don't have the tendency to have so much sex with your new boyfriend.

But I would recommend counseling
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2006, 06:54 AM
    Hello Bubble:

I don't see a problem, except in your head. The only way it could ruin the relationship is if your sex drives are not matched up. Some people just don't like to screw. Some people do. Has he complained? I'll bet not. If he does, that's a good place to start the conversation.

excon

PS> Personally, I love an oversexed woman.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2006, 09:34 AM
    You have not really said how often, are you discussing 4 or 5 times a day or more, or 4 or 5 times a week. One persons excess can be a norm for another person,

Are you picking up unknown men just to have sex, are you using your lunch hour to have sex in the back seatof a car with someone off the street.
    ( people really do these things ( excon is still looking for some)

If it is a problem that you can't control or say no to, then you have a problem. I would start with a physcial check up, and after that counseling.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 8, 2006, 12:03 PM
    There are people who are addicted to sex. It can take many different forms, and it certainly doesn't mean the person is bad, morally loose or perverted either. For some it can become as painful as any other addiction. You are being very wise to see how "drug-like" it is. IMaybe its an addiction or about to become one for you too? If it is, it can be a complex problem that often takes more than just a physically-based solution like a supplement or an herb. And surprisingly enough, it may be easier to stop altogether than to just cut down. Then when you do start up again, you'll at least have busted out of the rut-habit you were in. If stopping completely proves to be too hard, there are 12-step programs if you are interested in going that route. I hope this helps, if only just a little.
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jul 8, 2006, 03:07 PM
    Self-gratification is normal. If your BF is not gratifying you sexually and you'd want him to, tell him what he needs to do to accomplish it.
    I don't know how desire to have sex can ruin a relationship, but I suppose it is possible.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 11, 2006, 05:23 AM
    If you are the same age, and at the age where sex in naturally one of the main things on your mind, I'm sure your b/f feels the same way. If you are young, and this is new to you, you probably are having great sex together and there is no need to feel bad or give it up. Just make certain to think 'SAFETY" so you both won't wind up regretting the joys of your newley discovered sexuality.

Just like in marriages, the honeymoon is all sexual, and then it wanes. It does not mean anything is wrong, it's just that the curiosity and learning process is over and life can get back to 'normal' again - whatever that means.

If you still feel you are over-sexed - try a Sex Anomyous group.

leethomas Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2006, 09:40 PM
    What was your last relationship like??
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2006, 12:38 AM
    The word addicted to me means there's a problem!
    Any addict - too anything has a problem.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Jul 18, 2006, 01:24 AM
    I agree with Krs.
    Generally the definition of an addiction is not only a strong, overwhelming need to act out a certain behavior, or gratify a certain physical, emotional or mental need -- but also when the behavior begins to interfere with the completion of normal everyday tasks and responsibilities. When you talk about it disrupting the relationship, you are perhaps entering something of a different realm or arena, but, as it is said, sex can often make or break a relationship. Though there probably isn't such a thing as "too much" or too frequent, if adequate verbal communication, social recreation, and less intimate activities are enjoyed and maintained -- if you find that sex is in fact creating a rift or undue tension in your relationship, it would probably be good to make an attempt to abstain a bit, stepping back and taking time to reassess. There is a time for everything. If it doesn't feel right in that moment, wait. If for some reason your partner does not understand, that's not your issue. Do what you feel is right, and don't feel you have to act your feelings out sexually in order to please another.
    Continued best in your current relationship. Take care. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search