Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linda1950 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 04:51 PM
    Deaf Dog
    My 11 year old Cocker Spaniel:confused: is going deaf and doesn't come when I call her I have use a regular whisle but then every one hears me. So I wanted to get a hight pitch whisle the kind that only dogs can hear. I thiought I would ask before I purchased one.

Thank You

Linda1950
    curious001 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2008, 05:35 PM

You can go to petfinder.com . In the training section there is a section about training a deaf dog. What I remember most is they need to see you and understand the hand sign you use. Dogs can learn new things throughout their life time. If you put the time in you will see the result. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I deaf? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 15 and I was born without hearing in my left ear. I occasionally hear buzzing noises and my doctor doesn't know why. What are some possible reasons for my hearing loss?

Deaf Dog? [ 5 Answers ]

I am not possitive but think my puppy has hearing problems. He is five months old. We have only had him 3 weeks but he doesn't respond to his name, kissy sounds, claps or anything. Only thing that he seems to hear and is scared of is the vacuum cleaner. How can I find out if he has problems...

Deaf barking dog [ 2 Answers ]

My dog, eva, barks all day when I leave her in her cage. This wouldn't be a huge problem except I live in an apartment complex and she drives my neighbors crazy. I know that she isn't hearing noises that make her bark because she is stone deaf. I have no idea what to do. I have never had a...

Deaf Puppy [ 4 Answers ]

I just adopted a very precious border collie, only to find out days later she is deaf. I've had a blind dog for ten years... but have no experience in deaf dogs. I have only found one book that was specifically for training deaf dogs. It was pretty general. Does anyone have any other...

Going deaf [ 1 Answers ]

My hearing loss is due to the nerve dying. My mother had the same problem. Any suggestions on how to stop/reverse the process. Thanks, Hatman

View more questions Search