Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeyajai Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 02:06 PM
    My vaio and Samsung lcd didn't compatible
    Hi,

I have the same problem and I didn't manage to solve it !

When I try to connect my Sony Vaio laptop (VGN-FJ1Z/W) to my Samsung LCD TV (LE37A556P1F) through VGA cable, it appears that the TV receive no signal : in the sources menu of the TV, the PC source is disabled. However the laptop seems to detect the TV since it displays a max resolution corresponding to the one of the TV (1280x768, actually round to 800x600) in the monitor poperties.

I have already try the following tests :

- update to the last version of the VAIO Event Service (2.3.00.08110)
    - test with another VGA cable
    - display the output of another laptop to the TV : NO
    - reboot the laptop while VGA cable is connected
    - turning the TV on before and after connecting the VGA cable
    - displaying the output of another laptop on the TV, then unplugging the cable and replugging it to the Vaio to see whether the TV can retrieve the signal but it failed

Do you have any other ideas or solutions ?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Dec 12, 2008, 02:09 AM

I have to ask the obvious question, on your laptop... are you pressing the Fn-key combination that switched the video output from your laptop screen out your VGA port? Many people forget or don't even realize this step.

On my HP laptop, the key combo that does this is Fn-F4. The Fn key is the oddly colored key that makes the matching "special" functions on your FKeys active.

Look at the colored (blue or green typically) pictures on your FKeys and you should spot one with a monitor on it. Once found, hold down the Fn key and tap that FKey with the monitor on it.

There are three possible states the laptop display will toggle through this way:
    • Laptop display only
    • Laptop & VGA display simultaneously
    • VGA display only

Dec 12, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Hi Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have pressed both fn and f7 in Sony vaio notebook and it displays what you have mentioned above but still my LCD Samsung shows no signal.Even I have changed VGA cable four times and still I couldn't find the solution.Can you help me...

Thanks
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Dec 12, 2008, 12:03 PM

Not from here. But these guys probably can:

ClubVAIO - List all forums
    vipinisac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 12:02 AM

Cable Specs:
    Use 14 Pinned BAFO VGA Cable. ( Male to Male)
    The Second Row 4th Pin will be disabled as shown in Pic below.

.. .
    .. .
    .. .

BAFO is a Brand Name, similarly you can try Vessa, IBM too..
    Do not use localy made HD 15 or DE 15 cable, it does not work.

How to Connect:
    1) Connect the VGA cable to your Laptop ( Switched On) and to your TV ( Switched Off ) ( Only for the first time).
    2) Switch on your TV.
    3) Press Source, PC will be auto detected, the TV screen will be blank
    4) Right Click on your comp, go to Graphic Properties, (You will see multiple Display enabled , select Twin Radio Button.
    5) Keep Your Primary as Note Book and Secondary as Laptop. Apply the settings.
    6)Press Function + f4 in your Laptop
    7) There you are , your TV and Laptop are synced

Feb 17, 2009, 03:59 AM
    Hi vipinisac, anyway thanks for your information. Still I have same problem. I have
    Changed my vga cable 4 times. You were correct. Because I am using 15 pinned local
    Brand vga cable,may be that's the reason.I have to change my cable first, then I contact
    You soon with good news.

Apr 11, 2009, 03:14 AM
    I have solved the problem but I don't know how it is working even I am using one of my old vga cable.
    Anyway thanks for all

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaio compatabilty with Samsung LCD [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to connect my VAIO Laptop - VGN-FS115B to my Samsung LCD television without success. It would appear that my laptop it not sending a signal to the television. Has anybody else encountered this problem.

Connecting VAIO laptop to external Samsung LCD TV [ 5 Answers ]

I have connected my VAIO VGN-TX770P laptop to Samsung LCD TV using a 15-pin SVGA cable. The TV fails to recognize PC input. I found updates to Intel chipset drivers and VGA events service utilities and installed both of them, but no success. I have found no BIOS update. Samsung support tells me...

Connection between Vaio fe31m & Samsung lcd with a vga cable [ 1 Answers ]

Cannot make the connection between vaio fe31m & Samsung lcd with a vga cable. I have tried all sorts of screen resolution, mixes and normal connection. Can anyone help?

Compatibility between Samsung LCD TV and Vaio notebook? [ 22 Answers ]

It did not work when I tried connecting my Sony Vaio VGN-FE660G notebook To Samsung LN-S4692D LCD TV using a monitor cable. So I wonder if there is any compatibility problem between these two? Thanks a lot.

View more questions Search