Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Dec 11, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Gift from Hawaii
    My best friend is in Hawaii and she wants to know what to bring back for me, the boyfriend, and the kid. She wants to know what we want her to bring back for gifts? What are cool keepsakes to have from Hawaii? OTHER THAN a lay?
    KingJasper05 Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Dec 11, 2008, 02:13 PM

A lay sounds like the best idea but it's pronounced lei if you mean the traditional floral necklace. That in itself lessens my interest at least somewhat.

Macadamia nuts are always nice.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2008, 02:15 PM

When I lived there for a few years, we sent everyone Rainbow Bread... we did have to explain it as some people thought it had gone bad and was starting to mold... lol.
    Hawaiian jewelry is always nice and unique... and something simple like t-shirts with Hawaiian sayings on them.

Ohhh, and if you like coffee, they make some nice, original blends... :)
    Vision Expert

Dec 11, 2008, 02:17 PM

I have 15 lei's from visits. I want something non-traditional. A child isn't going to appreciate bread. She's going to want something that she can take to school and show her friends.
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2008, 02:23 PM

Actually the bread is pretty cool... it is made to have different colors because of the ingredients... would be different to share some with classmates.
    Since this is for a child... maybe a Hawaiian dress to wear... they make Hawaiian jewelry for children, and the t-shirt with a Hawaiian saying. Your friend could also send a video of hula lessons for children.
    Another idea would be a few children's books with Hawaiian stories and legends.
    Vision Expert

Dec 11, 2008, 02:28 PM

I'm actually digging the Hawaiian dress idea!
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2008, 02:31 PM

Here's just one site of many for ideas:

Flower girl's Hawaiian dresses: Hawaiian Aloha Shirts - Shaka Time Hawaiian Shirt Co.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 07:47 AM

I think chihuahuamomma actually wanted the "lay," not the "lei"

Sand? Get some sand. Send me some. I want some sand.
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 08:03 AM

Hey, sands not a bad idea!. if your friend is on the Big Island, she can send you some black sand... that would be something different... :) She might be able to buy some in a tourist shop too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Married in Hawaii but MUST get a divorce now [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend who married a girl from in Hawaii because she got pregnant. They stayed in Hawaii for a while until he decieded he was ready to return to let his parents meet their granddaughter. Long story short, one of his parents told him that he could not come back to their home state with the...

Hawaii Law :: Leasing Bedrooms [ 1 Answers ]

In Hawaii, is it legal to allow a landlord to rent out individual rooms in one house and have each tenant sign a lease? :confused:

View more questions Search