Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetsassygirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2008, 08:11 PM
    What was on my property before me?
    Our home was built on land that has been vacant for many, many years. The neighbors don't remember what used to be here. I am trying to find out what may have been here years ago.

My family and I think something may have happened on this land. Our house is brand new, no one has lived in our home but us. Lately, we have been experiencing some "strange" happenings. Footsteps, sweet smells, shadows and the home alarm being set off for no reason. My kids think the home is haunted. Things sometimes get moved, I have had a picture fall from the wall.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2008, 08:18 PM

Brand new houses can be haunted because the ghost is not confined or limited to material things. People have mistakenly thought they could tear down a haunted house to get rid of the spirit only to find out it is still there after they spent money tearing down and rebuilding a 'new' house.
    You can check with the library or the deeds office or maybe the property assessment office in your county court house and they can tell you where you could find information. Sometimes libraries or old newspapers might also have something. You can also ask old people that have lived in the area all their life.
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Dec 11, 2008, 04:17 PM

Look also for geological characteristics. Are you near a fault line, say. Was/is there some geological characteristic that could cause gases to be emitted, causing odors? etc.

Also consider construction of the house. A new house may be settling, emitting noises and perhaps causing objects to fall.
    meganlexi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2011, 05:47 AM
    I wish I had an answer for you, I am in a sort same position as you... our house was built in the 50s, our neighbours have told us that we are only the 3rd people to live here... my daughter who is 3 years old and very sensitive to the spirit world keeps seeing and speaking to a "doctor" down the bottom of our garden, this doctor has lots of babies with him... all though she does very often see the babies without him... I've been trying to find out for weeks now about the history of the land before the house was built as the guy who lived here before is alive! And in no way does he resemble a doctor and the person before him was an elderly lady... I have no idea at all how to find out so any advice would be great thanks :)
    kelliediaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 12:11 PM
    I am also experiencing something strange around our house. We bought the property 14 years ago. We moved out here 5 years ago. Over the past 5 years things are constantly moved around. The whole family will be outside and there are 6 of us, and pebble size rocks will be thrown at us. We look around but there is no one around. Last Thursday night my kids and two of their friends were outside on the front porch and they said someone was throwing rocks. I went out there with them and I started saying, "We know your here, you have been doing this for the past 5 years, why don't you show yourself, give us a sign." After about 10 minutes I saw a shadow inside a shadow moving about 60 feet away from us, we have seen this before but this time it looked like it was walking towards us. I got scared and told the kids to get in the house now. It took us about 3-4 seconds to get into the door and lock it and as soon as we did there were 3 pounding knocks on our front door. We all looked at each other and the kids were SCREAMING! I seriously did not know what to do. It sounded like the pounding came from our pantry closet which is right next to the front door. We turned on every light in the house and for the next 2 hours or so we would hear finger nails that would go around the house and tap on the windows. We have 400 acres back behind us and I have known this thing is out here for the past 5 years and we have learned to live with the strange things that go on around here like music turning on, music stations turning, things being moved and also recently there has been scratching under our house, it sound like finger nails, the kids and I have heard it 3 times now. This last Thursday was the first time I ever felt threatened. It's weird because you can be standing outside looking into the field at night and in the shadows you can see something moving (it is like a shadow within a shadow). We have all experienced it. Also something use to let my dog off her dog run every night, her dog run was un-clipped from her harness and un-clipped from the run and it would be laid out in a straight line. If anyone out there has been experiencing anything like this please let me know. We have also had other things going on but it would take to long to write everything.
    mrs menzies Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 11:12 AM
    Hi I live in England uk on the beautiful Isle of Wight, me and my family moved here (husband and 4 kids) 8 months ago and the first 3-4 months we heard noises and stuff when we went to bed but put it down to pipes etc as the houses are pretty old (dating back to the 1930's) anyway about 4 months ago I suffered a miscarriage and a large haemorage and nearly died, I got rushed to hospital and had emergency surgery to stop the bleeding and save my life, I have no memory of this, I just remember being on my toilet and waking up in hospital, the only memory I have between that is seeing whiteness and a man in purple top telling me not to worry and that he was here to save me! Weird I know!. anyway since the age of 7 years old I have always had the ability to see things that was going to happen and predict things a lot but I ignored it as I grew up (I did have a premonition that I was going to have a miscariage) well since my operation and misfortune it seems I now have become more psychic and can now see, hear and feel spirits around me, so much so that I now know that the noises we heard when we first moved into our home was not pipes but spirits!. I have tried to find out the history of our home and was told that it use to be an old work house on the land before and that a lot of people was murdered and throw into deep holes to be got rid off... there is also someone buried in my garden and under my kitchen floor is a well where 7 children are buried, all of them were murdered, we have had various mediums come into our homes and told us the same story that there is a man who is connected with the land that haunts our house and he is very nasty, he has pushed me down the stairs, held me down in bed, scratched me and two of my children and he regularly turns my appliances on and off including the TV... I have had my house cleansed and blessed by a priest but it done no good, he seems to channel his energy through my eldest daughter (who is also very sensitive to sprits) we have loads of evidence on home videos and pictures, I would like to rid of this ghost as he is ruining our lives, the lack of sleep is making me feel ill and for the last 3 months me and my husband seem to argue so much its unreal, we use to argue before but now its so extreme that its starting to turn abusive and physical, this sprit has got to go for sure as I want my life back, if anybody has some advice on how to deal with this please reply, I need help!
    brightstar27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2013, 09:04 PM
    If it becomes so bad as to be damaging to your marriage and well-being of life, then you must surely consider moving away to somewhere other. Maybe you and your family have ties there making moving not so simple like work etc. But on reading your story then a life away from your home really needs to be considered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property line and position of the property markers [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, we have been having a problem with our neighbors about our property. It seems like they have been enchroaching more and more. Finally they got a survey but all I see are two markers, one is on the top asphalt separating the property to the left of them, then there is a marker all the way in the...

Property owned by four people - one paying property taxes [ 7 Answers ]

There has been land in my family for one hundred years. About 19 years ago I was put on title with four other family members. The land is in Ontario Canada. Ten years ago the title was change to myself and three other family members as one died and was removed from title. The property taxes were...

Landlord and loose dog on leased property, doesn't property go with the lease house? [ 31 Answers ]

I lease a house that has a front yard and a backyard and a legal apartment off to the side. My landlord and his dog live in his apt in the garage that I do not think is legal. When we moved in he told us he would be moving in a few months. Before he moved he let his big german sheperd mix run...

Property lien with consent of property owner [ 4 Answers ]

May I put a lien on property, with the owners cooperation and what forms, process do I need? The lien would be to secure repayment of a loan to the property owner.

Property Taxes on Property sold for estate settlement. [ 1 Answers ]

We have sold property in Indiana that will be part of and estate settlement. The property sold for less than $100,000. The money from this property will be divided between the 6 children. What taxes will be owed for the sale of this property?

View more questions Search