Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 11:20 PM
    The pressure switch is a small round part,it has two wires running to it with a small rubber tube attached
    bryantfurnacer Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Dec 10, 2008, 11:21 PM
    Hi,
    No tubes going into the inducer fan at all, at least not from the front or sides. There is a place at the upper right corner where you could put a tube in. In the manual it says this is where you pour tap water to prime the system drain before you start the furnace, but there is no tube in there now. I see a little drop of water in the hole, which is open. No plug in it, as I think there is supposed to be.

Dec 10, 2008, 11:26 PM
    I've attached the photo. The disconnected tube is hanging out the front of the furnace, and in the lower left hand corner of the main compartment you can see where I plugged a little wad of white paper towel into the hole in the front of the furnace. That tube comes out the back of the pressure switches.
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 11:27 PM

The two silver round parts with a tube between them is the pressure switches. Reconnect the drain.

Dec 10, 2008, 11:28 PM
    Here is a pix of the whole front of my furnace.

Dec 10, 2008, 11:30 PM

Sorry, a little fast on the trigger. I reattached the hose.
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 11:31 PM

The small rubber tube hanging in the front,where was it connected?

Dec 10, 2008, 11:34 PM

You see that kind of u-shaped tube that goes into the front of the pressure switches? If you look at the back of the pressure switches, there is an identical little u-shaped hose, but there is a t-connection in the middle of it and that tube comes out the back, and the other end goes into the front of the furnace where the paper towel is.
    I didn't see any other tubes from the pressure switches that went into the front face of the furnace. The one that comes out the side and goes upward is plugged into what looks like the part that brings gas into the furnace.
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 11:38 PM

Ok. Put all of that stuff back together. Next, check the intake and exaust pipes from the furnace all the way to the basement wall, make sure there are no bellies in the pipe that might be holding water.

Dec 10, 2008, 11:39 PM
    Will do. Be right back

Dec 10, 2008, 11:43 PM
    Hmm. Both pipes seem completely straight to me. It is a pretty long expanse, about 20 feet maybe, from the furnace to the outer wall. The pipes are supported by hangers, which sounds goofy, but it all looks very solid to me.
    I was outside and could see nothing in the tubes. The tubes are 3" diameter, pretty big.
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 11:45 PM

Ok, should be fine then. How long has it had this problem? And does it always give you the same code?

Dec 10, 2008, 11:45 PM

Now that the tube is back in place, is it OK if I turn the furnace back on? It is getting kind of cold in here.
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 11:47 PM

Well, let's see how it does tonight since you drained all of the water out of it,I will check back with you after work tomorrow to see how it did. It's late here and I need to get to bed.
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 11:48 PM
    Yep, turn it back on

Dec 10, 2008, 11:48 PM
    No, mostly it gives me 31, sometimes 32. Once or twice it gave me 42, which means blower calibration fault, but mostly it is 31 and 32.

This problem started sometime in the middle of the night last night. When I woke up it was 59 in the house. I have the thermostat set at 65 late at night. That night we also had a snowstorm with a lot of wind.

Dec 10, 2008, 11:49 PM
    Thank you so very much for your help. I appreciate it. Sweet dreams.
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 11:49 PM

And it hasn't ran right since?

Dec 10, 2008, 11:57 PM
    Correct. Go to sleep! I don't want you to be without sleep tonight. We are in the same time zone, it is late for you to be up if you work mornings.

Dec 11, 2008, 05:37 AM

Good morning,
    I'm heading into work myself this morning, but thought I'd mention how the night went. It is working a little better. The furnace will cycle into the low heat mode and run for quite a while, then it steps up into the high heat mode, where the blower blows harder. It used to be that would kill the furnace, as soon as it would switch into high heat mode it would get the 31 code and shut down. Then maybe make a few more starts and quit.
    Last night it ran in low mode fine, went into high mode, then got the 31 code, shut down. When it started up again, it ran in low mode then went successfully into high mode for at least 20 minutes. Stronger airflow, hotter air coming out of the registers.
    But now it is back to the same problem, though it seems to run a little longer before it gets the 31 code and shuts down.
    The house is staying a little warmer, 63, as opposed to 59 last night.

I have to go to work in a bit, will be home in the pm.
    Thanks for giving this your thought.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant Plus 80 Error code 33 [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I'm new on here so bear with me. I found a similuar post on the Bryant 80 but I believe I have a different model... not sure how much that matters. The only model number I could find on the unit was CK5AXA036017AAAA The Error code is 33 Limit or flame roll out switch is open. The furnace...

Bryant plus 80 code 33 and cycles [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a ten year old bryant plus 80 furnace that, reads a code 33 while it cools, it is a solid while fired up but it constantly cycles. I've checed the condenser it looks clean on both top and bottom , filter is clean, all returns are open. Would making anouther return somewhere in the...

Bryant Plus 80 Code 33 [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Bryant Plus 80 that is throwing a error of 33 (limit or flame roll out switch is open). The last time this happened was because the hot surface igniter was broken (frequent problem as my furnace has a tendency to short-cycle). I had picked up a couple extra ones so I had them on hand to...

Still have error code on Bryant gaspac 8 flashes [ 6 Answers ]

For Northernheat Still getting code of 8 led flashes. Have checked the flame sensor not cracked or touching anything and is in the flame. The only time that it seems to happen is when the temp gets colder like 32/34 after being 38/40. The LED error code states Internal control fault ...

Bryant 383KAV error code 34 [ 1 Answers ]

After reading a couple of posts, I cleaned the flame sensor. When that didn't work, I bought a new one and installed it. I am still getting the same code. The burner lights for approximately 3-5 seconds, then cuts off. The thermostat is calling for heat. What am I missing?

View more questions Search