Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    divebar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Traveling abroad while adjusting for status
    Hello, I have recently received my I-512L Authorization for Parole and I am confused about the whole process...

Here is my question (two parts)

Is the I-512L document sufficient for re-entry to the United States after traveling abroad or a) will I receive a "card" akin to my work permit or is the document all I need? And b) do I have to notify USCIS of my departure and provide documentation to them about my travel plans to get an I-551 stamp?

This is really confusing me, I can't seem to get a clear answer from anyone, please help:confused:
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 10, 2008, 11:50 PM

You can travel with only I-512L. If your I-485 is still pending, you are not eligible to have I-551 stamped in your passport.

By the way, I would recommend not leaving US until I-485 has been approved unless it's emergency situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adjusting journal entries from adjusting column of work sheet [ 2 Answers ]

How can I prepare necessary adjusting journal entries (a) through (e) by using the following information from the Adjustments columns of a 10-column work sheet. Interest recievable (d)$880 Office supplies ...

How long can I stay abroad without losing my resident status [ 1 Answers ]

How long can I stay abroad without losing my resident status?

Taxes - Abroad and change in marital status [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - I lived and worked in Seattle until July 2007, and then moved to Brussels to marry. I still have residence in the US, and have to file my 2007 taxes. 1 - do I need to change my W-2 with my 2007 employer? 2 - should I file joint or separate? My husband had income in Belgium in 2007 3...

Dual Status, currently on H-1B visa - wife abroad [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am struggling with trying to figure out my filing status. I am married, until April 2006 I was on F-1 visa, currently on H-1B. First of all, am I dual status or not? My wife is in Europe and she is a foreigner too. Do I need to file as single or married? If filing as married, filing...

View more questions Search