Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcticmonkey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2006, 04:06 AM
    Help, pregnancy scare!
    Hi I'm 16 and I was prescribed a combined pill for acne and for contraception... ive been on it 4 about 4months now.. and the last pack I took about my 5/6 last pill fell down the sink as I was about to put it in my mouth... so I left it and carried on the next day... I don't have regular sex with my boyfriend but we did have sex a couple of days after or before... I cnt quite remember... well anywya I'm just scared now because I finished my pack on tues... with today being Friday and still no period... wat the liklihood of me being pregnant? I only missed 1 n the rest I took without fail... but I'm still scared... please help... thanks xxxx
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2006, 05:14 AM
    I am not sure of the likely hood of you getting pregnant. There is always a chanch without protection. Maybe you should grab a pregnancy test to make sure. Or schedule an appointment with your doctor. Get it all out in the open. Best thing for you with questions is to talk with a doctor. It is all confidential unless you feel comfortable sharing your stresses with your parents?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 7, 2006, 06:33 AM
    It is not likely that you are pregnant, but for the next month you should use extra protection. You should get a test done to be sure.
    arcticmonkey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2006, 01:52 AM
    Thanks 4 your replies... feel a bit better now but still no period... I started my 7 pill-free days as usual but 3 days into my week 'off' I consorted the booklet... n it said I should just carry on with the next pack... so I've started the next pack now... :s... slightly confusin but I'm still very worried especially since I'm 17... n I no I'm not ready to be a parent... yet why is the legal age 16 ( am in Uk)... I think they should move it up... the chances are remote rnt they?

Steph xx
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 8, 2006, 08:19 PM
    Okay, you need to take a pregnancy test. We are unsure of what pill you are on, there are many out there.

If you are not ready to be a parent then you should not be having sex. Plain truth here. May be hard to hear, but I was on the pill when I conceived my 2 oldest sons.

With sex comes responsibility. There are no guarantees when it comes to sex except abstinence.

You really should rethink your priorities - sex with the possibility of children when you aren't ready - or no sex and a great education and children when you are ready.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Agh hair scare! [ 20 Answers ]

OK lets start at the beginning.. well the beginning of my hair craze OK My hair is naturally a medium to light ugly brown but it bleaches out a ton in the sun Well this year over spring break I went a little overboard with the sun-in and I hated it! So I dyed my hair back to the original...

Pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

IS it possible to be pregnannt even if you haven't missed your period?

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm 29yrs old, and have some problem. I have my period at 3rd June and having unprotected sex at 11th June. Expecting pregnant but period come again on 29thjune . Never happened having period twice in a month. I am so confusing.. after that when we have sex again my vagina is bleeding . My...

Security Scare [ 2 Answers ]

I'd be most grateful for any help and advice you could give me about a major problem. I'm on a course and have just found out that someone on this course (who's e-mailed me - and yes, I've opened attachments! ) mentioned, in passing, to someone else they'd e-mailed on the course: "I see you've...

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possibe to become pregnant by performing in oral sex?

View more questions Search