Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhiannahunt Posts: 124, Reputation: 2

Dec 10, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Possible preganancy or what?
    My sister came to me the other night about her issue. She comes to me because I have a child and may know what the problem may be.

She is 21. Used to be underweight, gaining weight with her birth control. Looks fabulous. She uses the pill, and notices that her period is not right. First she had one, and a week in a half later she had it again. She said they both lasted for maybe 2 to three days. Now in between she did have unprotected sex with her partner. She stops this period and not even a week later is bleeding again. But this time its very light, I asked her if the amount would soak her panties and she said no. Little did I know, her partner and her broke it off, and she stopped her birth control, right before she started this period again. I asked her if she has any pregnancy symptoms. She doesn't know. But I know symptoms are different with every woman.

Symptoms I asked her, and her answers were yes to are:
    Breast, sore ( but her breasts were always sore with her bc)
    Yogurt makes her sick. (she loves yogurt)
    Sick to her tummy
    Cotton mouth... I heard that was a symptom so I asked her
    Headaches

So Im wondering if anyone knows what could be wrong?
    Can BS cause someone to have these crazy periods? Before her three periods in one month, she was late often.

She has no computer, so I am asking for her.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 11:12 AM

It is best that she contact her obgyn rather than relying on t his site for a diagnosis

Dec 10, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Okidokie. Thank you!
    chrissaay86 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Dec 10, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Birth Control can actually stop you having periods and can also give you symptoms of pregnancy as it is telling your body that you are pregnant (even though your not) Tell your sister that the only way she will find out if she is pregnant or not is by doing a pregancy test.

Dec 10, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Thanks
    urbanmate94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 02:32 PM

Birth control can cause you to stop having periods. Tell her to go to the OBGYN for further diagnosis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Preganancy Test Results During Menstrual [ 3 Answers ]

In some cases I've heard of woman getting their periods and still being preganant. Well my question is, if a young lady has been off her period for about 2 days and takes a preganancy test does her menstrual affect the results of the test?

View more questions Search