Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    n1wud Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2008, 09:43 AM
    Dimming the lights
    [Hello there, I live in an older house and I have a lotof things plugged into the out lets, when my refrigeratror comes on it dims the kitchen lights, and when I use the toaster it dims the lights in the kitchen, what can be done to fix this problem?Also if I am using the toaster I can't use the microwave, it blows the breasker, what can I do.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2008, 10:12 AM
    The kitchen needs at least 2- 20 amp appliance circuits, which means dedicated for receptacles and no lights on those circuits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lights dimming periodically [ 2 Answers ]

I went to do a service call for a local restaurant that complained about their lights dimming when periodically throughout the day. I started at the panel and found that the feeder wires were supplying very close to 120 volts on every phase to ground and nuetral and 205-206 volts between phases. ...

Dimming of low voltage lights [ 7 Answers ]

150 amp underground service 3 wire 150 amp 30 circuit panel .The branch circuit is a 15 amp 14/3 with ground . 14/3 feeds to a 4" round box , 1 circuit feeds through to another branch circuit in the house , the other circuit feeds a pull chain fixture that has a compact fluorescent lamp in it....

Lights dimming [ 1 Answers ]

What should I look for when troubleshooting lights that dim. When a contractor plugs in paint sprayer or air compressor it causes the lights to dim in the hallway. Too many circuits on that breaker? Or ---- Guy

Lights on one circuit keep dimming [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I live in a home built in the 40's. It has the old cloth covered wiring, new panel and breakers (6 years old). I have one circuit (which is very much overloaded) that never had a problem before (as long as the blow dryer wasn't on with anything else). I recently replaced a switch in...

Dimming lights a safety issue? [ 2 Answers ]

Folks, My lights dim when we run the vacuum, carpet cleaner or any other bigger appliance. I have seen lights dim before and then fade back on to normal after a few seconds. Ours do not do that, they simply dim and stay that way until you turn off the device... Question... Is this a problem or...

View more questions Search