Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kplindstrom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Gas boiler high pressure
    I have an 80-year-old house in which I replaced the gas furnace in 1995. In a routine seasonal check up a contractor has told me that the pressure is running too high. The pressure went up to 30 PSI at 150 degrees Fahrenheit. Later in the day the pressure was found to be 22 PSI at 120 degrees F. He said the entire system must have the air bled out of it (radiators) before the repair could be made, and that the repair would cost at least $1,700 and possibly more.

My husband and I know nothing about such things; this just seems like it's an awfully high price. The quote estimates $995 for parts and $720 for labor (approximate). We've had no trouble with the heat, and do not keep the thermostat very high because we have a lot of Southern exposure in the house which provides ambient heat.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kplindstrom
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 10, 2008, 10:37 AM
    Call and get at least one more estimate from a local HVAC company.

My guess is Expamsion tank problem
    OR just too much water pressure in the system IE bad fill valve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boiler has high pressure [ 1 Answers ]

By boiler is reading the maximum pressure and I am not sure how to release the pressure if you know please let me know thanks stevie

High efficiency boiler [ 1 Answers ]

If a customer complains about hot water performance what would be your first check

Separate hot water and boiler high eff [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering if my plumber is telling me what I need or what he wants to sell me I want to replace my gas boiler because of its age house built in 55 and it is the original I also have a gas hot water heater separate unit Plumber is telling me that it is more cost effective to use 2 units ...

Low water pressure causing high blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have low or no hot water pressure to the downstairs bathroom. I've replaced the cartridges, valves and hot water heater, still no pressure... help.

Do you add 30 410a freon pressure like you do r22 and r12 for high side pressure in c [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have to add 30 to the ambeint air temp. like you do for r22 and r12 to R410a freon to get the proper high side pressure reading

View more questions Search