Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sphardey Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Andersen Window will not close completely
    My daughter opened her double-hinged Andersen window in her room and now it will not close completely to be latched. It is about 1/2" shy of able to latch, but no matter how much force applied to push down, or applying inward/outward pressure on the window, will it shut completely. Does not appear to be anything at bottom of window sill or bottom of window itself preventing closure. Any ideas?
    shoproland Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Dec 10, 2008, 09:32 AM

You do mean double hung, right? On the sides of later model windows, there is a twisted metal guide which is spring loaded, hidden to facilitate ease of operation. If it binds up, the window will stick in certain spots. I would call Andersen and explain. It may be that they will have to send someone out. Hope this helps.
    sphardey Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shoproland View Post
    You do mean double hung, right? On the sides of later model windows, there is a twisted metal guide which is spring loaded, hidden to facilitate ease of operation. If it binds up, the window will stick in certain spots. I would call Andersen and explain. It may be that they will have to send someone out. Hope this helps.
    Yes, you are correct - double hung. It is defintely spring loaded as it has some "bounce back" but all you can see along the 2 sides is a thin, taut guide line. Windows installed in early 1993. This is exactly how it is behaving in that it seems restricted internally so it will not come all the way down to close position. Nothing external appears to be hindering it. I was hoping it was something I could do, but calling Andersen is a wise suggestion.
    garyingeorgia Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Dec 19, 2008, 09:01 AM
    This may seem like a stupid response but on a double hung window the top section must be all the way up in the frame as well as the bottom section being all the way down. Have you checked the upper section or tried to tap it up with the heel of your hand or a rubber hammer to be sure it's all the way up?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to close all the childwindows(popup window) when closing the parent window [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all In javascript I need to close all the child windows that I have opened through a parent window Scenario: Here I will be having as many as child window opened and name given to the child window can not be tracked because each will be having a different name, and I am using 70 to...

How to close a window via anotherframe [ 2 Answers ]

Here I have two frames Frame1 with a link,frame 2 with logout Whenever I click a link in frame1 a new popup window will open. I have to close that window via frame2 logout option. Can anyone help?

How to close window with deep hierarchy [ 1 Answers ]

Friends.. this is my first mesg to this group.. Thanks in advance.. When I click on CLOSE asp button.. it should do some saving process at server side and close that window and all its child windows if any. How can I handle this situation. I tried with window.close() Its not working.

Old wooden window won't close [ 8 Answers ]

I have a wooden window that jams about 6" from the bottom. It seems to jam on the left side and there's a small pile of sawdust in that corner. It doesn't look like the individual sliding parts of the window can be removed. Any advice?

View more questions Search