Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynhurst Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 11:50 PM
    Community service
    When sentenced to community service, can this be deferred and performed 6 months later, and must it be performed in the county where the crime was committed?
    ATYOURSERVICE Posts: 246, Reputation: 13

Dec 10, 2008, 01:33 AM
    This is left to the discretion of the judge.
    You will have to request it from the court.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 10, 2008, 06:40 AM

It must be done in the time frame that the court gives you, you will not be allowed off probation till it is done.

It can only be done where and in what places are approved by that court, some will allow it to be with religious groups, others will not.

The thing is why do you want to wait, get it over with, the longer you wait, the more you will put it off

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does Community Service pertain to? [ 10 Answers ]

Just wondering what people usually do when they work community service. Not whining, but just want to know what I'm about to be performing next month. Forgive my ignorance, but I'm a newbie with being on THIS side of the law. Kind of spent my entire life on the right side. :(

Community service time for theft [ 4 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I am 18 years old student living in Canada now, I was caught for theft under $5000 my 2nd offence for that My lawyer has already scheduled an ECR meeting with the Crown So I'm just wondering how much the time will be for community service and/or fine amount. Thanks,

Are you supposed to miss work because you have to do community service hours? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, Does someone who has a full time job; is supposed to miss work because needs to do community service hours? Thank You!:confused:

Looking for community service [ 5 Answers ]

I live in West Michigan and I need to find some community service for my little sister. She has to do 10 hours for a class assignment and I have no idea where to start. She is 14going on 15 if that matters. Please help. Thank you!

Community Service [ 3 Answers ]

This may sound stupid and all but, a few months ago I came across a dog that was being badly abused and starved... so I notified the animal cops. It has been a few months now and the dog is still left to die, they did nothing about it. Well... I now find myself wanting to do something, like...

View more questions Search