Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    petra825 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Mailbox Access
    I have been in my apartment for 1 month and I have yet to get access to my mailbox. When I moved in I got a key and was told that I would have access the next day. Now I have bill & checks that are sitting in there and I can't get in and the contracting office is ignoring my inquiries. Is there any law that says that they have to address this issue ASAP? By the way I live in NY and I am overpaying for my apartment.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 9, 2008, 06:58 PM

Why don't you have Access? Does the key not work? Or what?

Dec 9, 2008, 07:03 PM

The key does not work, my contracting office said that they had to change a part but it has been over a month. So all of my mail is just sitting in there. :-(

Dec 9, 2008, 07:05 PM

No way this should take that long. You need to report this to the local post office and arrange to have your mail held at the PO until this is fixed. You maybe able to get a PO Box temporarily and bill it to the landlord.

Dec 9, 2008, 07:08 PM

Thank you so much for your response. I will contact my local P.O. tomorrow morning. Have a great night!

Dec 9, 2008, 07:09 PM

Keep us posted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

From my mailbox [ 4 Answers ]

A man was in his front yard mowing grass, when his blonde female neighbor, came out of her house and went straight to the mailbox. She opened it, then slammed it shut and stormed back into the house. A little later she came out of her house again, went to the mail box, and again opened it and...

Sending mail with an Apartment mailbox. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, this may be a strange question, but I've just moved into some apartments and the mail boxes look similar to the mail boxes at a post office, I need to have a letter sent out in the morning and I don't know how to use these mail boxes for sending things out. The office for the apartments is...

Putting a letter in a mailbox [ 4 Answers ]

Is it illeagal to put a letter in someone's mailbox?

1 mailbox 2 computers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I tried to get 2 computers (networked) accessing the same mailbox (.pst file). On one of them outlook will not refuse to open the file if it is already opened by the other. This full access on the file and file's folder. They've both got Outlook 97, Windows ME. Is there a workaround? Any...

View more questions Search