Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 14, 2009, 06:07 PM

What a perfect waste of time, and energy. Living well and being happy with yourself is what you need. Not some dumb mind games, that will make you look pathetic, silly, and immature.
    zeeniee Posts: 341, Reputation: 63

Jan 15, 2009, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    What a perfect waste of time, and energy. Living well and being happy with yourself is what you need. Not some dumb mind games, that will make you look pathetic, silly, and immature.
    Total agree with Tal!
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 07:26 AM

Just do your own thing and don't worry about her at all.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 07:32 AM

That's easy you just ignore her completely.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2009, 07:51 AM

Do your own thing and don't worry about what she thinks. Be happy with yourself and YOUR life
    boatbuilder Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 09:16 PM
    Last night my ex started AIMing me, what the hell is she thinking?
    Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 06:37 AM

She will get the message, if you ignore her attempts at contact. Exes love to keep in contact, and keep you in the friend zone.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2009, 08:55 AM
    If you didn't want to be bother with her then why are you contacting her through texts and aim? Your adding to this confusion, stop it. Leave the past in the past and stop questioning her motives because they aren't important. However, your reaction is.
    NorthernNiceGuy Posts: 238, Reputation: 75

Jan 17, 2009, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlh76 View Post
    I see this NC thing over and over and I have to ask, why? I thought if the dumper tried to make contact that put it in a different playing field. Seems all the answers are NC regardless of it being a complete break up or a temporary "break" to try to bring oneself out of depression. I just don't get it. What if he truely loves her and she has came to her senses? If he continues NC won't he always be stuck wondering "what if"?

Even when doing NC I thinks its pretty easy for the dumper to get the simple message "I want you back" to you.

I wouldn't respond for anything less.

Jan 17, 2009, 06:00 PM

To make it clear, I never initiated contact with her, she in all cases has made contact
    Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 06:34 PM
    And what difference does that make, when your always available, and ready to talk too?

Oh wait, you must still want her contacting you. That's why you answer! Cut it out, or quit complaining about being confused.

Jan 27, 2009, 05:37 PM
    College post break-up
    I just came back to school and last semester my girlfriend broke up with me for her own reasons. My problem is that iI see her at the bar I go to and I see her in the gym, I still want to be her friend and maybe someday get back with her but its to soon. Its tough for me to see her at the bar, but I can live with it, and when I see her at the gym I do my own thing, and try to ignore her. I just want to make sure that she doesn't think I'm stalking her, or caught up on her. Anybody have advice, or anything to say
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2009, 06:32 PM

Find a new bar to hang out with... you are just slamming your head into a wall every time you take a "chance" and happen to run into her. You have control over all of this...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 27, 2009, 06:34 PM

I just want to make sure that she doesn't think I'm stoking her or caught up on her
    And

I still want to be her friend and maybe someday get back with her
    Don't mix.

You are caught up on her, and as long as you continue to go to places that you know you'll run in to her, she's going to know that you're
    Still caught up on her.

Chances are you'll never get back together, just let it go, find somewhere new to hang out.

Jan 27, 2009, 06:56 PM
    Threads merged to avoid confusion, and give a complete story.

The bar I go to has been the bar that I go to since I turned 21 and she knows that
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2009, 07:02 PM

Swallow your pride and find another bar, or keep coming on here and posting questions such as this, that always have an obvious answer... you just can't accept that answer. Quit making excuses and get on with your life man!
    Expert

Jan 30, 2009, 06:11 AM
    Disappear from her life for a good while. This is a good time to broaden your horizons, and do other things. She also knows that's where you'll be, so what's the odds this is just a coincidence? Don't play her game, as you will stay confused and available for a lot of drama.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where have I heard this before ? [ 6 Answers ]

Above are the words of Doctor Susan Rice... UN Ambassador designate. If this was 2002 you would suppose these words referred to Iraq. But no doubt she opposed any action beyond UN resolutions then . Perhaps she was referring to Iran ? Nope . She wants direct action beyond the fruitless...

I haven't heard from him [ 21 Answers ]

So I met this so called lovely guy. We took our kids out on our first date and had a ball. We talked on the phone like 5 times a day and saw each other a few times a week. He lived with his house mate (who was a girl) and every now and then they would mess around. They only did it once whilst I...

Who else heard of this. [ 1 Answers ]

I was surfing Welcome to the White House and came across this proclamation by President Bush... : Military Spouse Day, 2007 :)

Anyone heard of this? [ 24 Answers ]

Me and girl are young in college going out for not very long (less than a year) but we want to make it work even though she's leaving after a few months of the two of us and making the relationship ld... things good for a while talking once a week but then she dumps me kind of out the blue saying...

Has anyone heard ? [ 11 Answers ]

I just read a press release that they are taking the word gullable out of the dictionary.

View more questions Search