Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JUS_1_LUV Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Sleeping in his own bed
    Please help me. My son will not sleep in his own bed and he is now three. Please help me to get him to sleep in his own bed.
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Dec 9, 2008, 01:49 PM

You kind of have to make him do it... put him in his bed at bedtime and leave him.. if he goes to you bed, pick him up and put him in back in his bed. Don't GIVE IN. it may be a ruff few nights but eventually he will stay.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 9, 2008, 04:08 PM

Yep, who is the parent, you merely make them sleep in their own bed
    1099669 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Dec 9, 2008, 04:23 PM

They are right. Although I do not agree with letting the child cry themselves to sleep... And don't forget how quickly they grow up. Pretty soon you will be longing for the times when he would sleep in your bed with you.
    jintymcginty Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2010, 06:00 AM

Disagreeing with your parents is half the fun in being a small person! Parents win, though, because they're bigger and in charge.
    You have to make sure that the child falls asleep and wakes up in their own bed, regardless of what happens in between.
    How lovely to have a three year old - good luck with this battle!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sleeping problems, not sleeping, insomnia [ 9 Answers ]

Hi this is the first time Ive ever been on this site seems to be very helpful. My boyfriend has been taking prescription ambien for about 7 months and his new doctor took him off that and gave him other sleeping medications but he does not sleep at all now. Maybe one or two hours a night and...

Why is my dog sleeping a lot? [ 2 Answers ]

My dog has started to sleep a lot during the day.we don't know why but when we do intersting things she gets up and then she goes back to sleep. When she goes outside to the garden she kind of sleeps but not really she sleeps most in doors.ANYONE KNOW?? WATS WRONG WITH HER?? ALSO SHE IS 3 AND A...

Age 3 1/2 and still sleeping with me [ 7 Answers ]

I am in desperate need to get my child to sleep in her own room in her own bed. I feel like I have tried everything. She shares a room with her sister and I tried putting their beds together and having them sleep together hoping she would be comfortable being next to her, but that one was a...

Restless sleeping/breaking the habit of sleeping on the bed [ 2 Answers ]

Our little shih tzu (8 months old) started well, but more recently has taken to sleeping under or on our bed. We took the path of least resistance and let him get away with it, but his constant licking, nibbling, flicking his ears around and general sleep noise is driving us nuts. Any tips for...

View more questions Search