Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dapplecreek1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Merging files
    I received a project which involves getting together separate folders for each member. All their names are listed in an excel spreadsheet. I'm told merging files using word would be a good tool for this project. I am not sure what this does or how this may help.
    mdosh01 Posts: 64, Reputation: 8

Jan 8, 2009, 10:50 AM

I suspect this will take some macro coding, but let's get some more information.

What type of files are in each member's folders? Spreadsheets, Word documents?

Where do you want the results? In a spreadsheet or in a Word document?

Basically, Word has the concept of a Master document that can be used to collect multiple documents into a single master document. This may work for you.

The merge function in Word is "Mail Merge" that is used to pull a list of recipients from one source and put that into a document to be mailed out (email or hard copy). This doesn't quite sound like what you need.

So if you can provide a little more information about your input and the expected output, we may be able to help you out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mail Merging [ 1 Answers ]

Hey... Am totally new to Access.. I have a database set up with a list of suppliers and address and need to merge it with a word document... and anyone pelase tell me how to do this... have tried numerous ways but can't get it to work for me... Thanks

Merging or Acquiring an Organization [ 2 Answers ]

What are the financial risks of merging with or acquiring an organization in another country and how those risks could be mitigated?

Merging with MS Works [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to merge information from MS Word into an MS Works database?

Merging 2 Excel files [ 4 Answers ]

I've got a specialized Excel Form that we use to transcribe groups of records: Here's an example: http://catholicrecordsociety.org/projects/stjosephorphanasylum/volunteers.html (you need to have Macros Enabled) You'll see that the Card Tab is for entering Records and the Spreadsheet is...

Merging Word files into one large file [ 16 Answers ]

I have book pages stored as five files of 15 pages each. Is there a way to combine them into one large file? Thank you.

View more questions Search