Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Trinab43 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Dec 9, 2008, 05:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaB4657 View Post
    You mentioned that the landlord sent you a letter stating that the lease was terminating as of Dec. 31 instead of in May 09. Since the landlord terminated the lease in writing, as long as you move out by Dec. 31 then she is not entitled to any rent after that date. Once you've moved out send her a letter by certified mail, with a copy by regular mail, confirming that you have moved out as per her termination letter and you look forward to the receipt of the 5 months of rent that you prepaid plus the security deposit you provided, on or before February 15, 2009. Make sure that you give her your forwarding address and make sure that you keep a copy of the letter. If she hasn't paid you in full by Feb. 15th then you should file a lawsuit.
    Wow thanks, that's great advice. Because I truly do not fill comfortable living there anymore. I basically would return to shower and change. Than I would leave. It's just stressing me out right now and I'm trying to keep my grades.
    Trinab43 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Dec 10, 2008, 04:16 PM
    I believe that I may have someone to take my place as a renter. Whether it works or not. I plan to take it all the way to get my money back. The landlord put it in writing to me, terminating my lease. Also, she sent a copy to my mom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disclosing private information about tenants to other tenants [ 5 Answers ]

What if the landlord has disclosed private personal information to the other tenants about me after I moved out, is this slander?

How do I evict tenants? I live in Florida, ex lives in Tennessee. Tenants are friends [ 1 Answers ]

Here's the story. My wife and I used to live in our house in Michigan. She moved to Tennessee first with the kids. I moved to Florida by myself. Upon leaving the home, she suggested I rent the property to friends of hers. I was getting the rent at first and then now they send it to her only. ...

Can bank evict well paying tenants if tenants want to stay [ 3 Answers ]

My good friend from England and his family are leasing a home in Houston TX. He is a well paid man working for a oil company and (with British passports). Landlord fell sick and is about to foreclose the house and go bankrupt. My friend Martin loves to stay there to continue his tenancy (a...

Hampton bay remote control for hampton bay fans [ 2 Answers ]

We cannot get the ceiling light to go off on our fan in the bed room. It would not go on and in the middle of the night is just came on by itself and we can not get it off Joanne Moreland

Too many tenants [ 1 Answers ]

I have rented an apartment in my home to a single women for about 3 years. She has paid her rent on time one time. She is a nice women but has had numerous family members move in temporary (less than 6 months at a time). Recently her daughter and granddaughter has been staying with her when we...

View more questions Search