Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lawtech Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 11:55 AM
    Preparation For Student Visa Interview In The Canadian High Commission
    My name my is lawson a graduate of the University Of benin in nigeria. I wish to study my master in business administration in a canadian school . I have gotten admission letter from the school my question is this: What are the questions I should be expecting from the embassy staffs and what are the "dos" and "dont" I should prepare for.
    Regards
    Lawson
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 9, 2008, 02:52 PM

Normally the consul is interested in three major concerns:

(1) How serious are you in studies.. how many schools have you applied and why did you choose this one, etc.

(2) Can you pay for your studies and other expenses during the term.. what is the relationship between you and your sponsor.. why do they want to sponsor you in case your sponsor is not one of your parents.

(3) Are you an immigrant... if you have family members in that country, the consul may assume that you are seeking migration.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

TN visa (canadian citizen) toH1B visa [ 1 Answers ]

I am canadian citizen working in animal hosppital in usa as a veterinarian on TN visa. I am applying for H1B visa and I received LCA from my employer.When should I apply I-129 form . I am trying to fill I-129 and on page 1 st Basis for classification there are A b c d e f g Should...

Canadian Forces (Interview & Physical before or after Aptitude test) [ 10 Answers ]

I am just wondering what the hirerachy is for the three screening processing within the Canadian forces. 1. Aptitude Test 2. Physical test 3. Interview And what if you fail... lets say the aptitude test, do you still get an interview? Or not?\?? +

F1-OPT student TAX preparation [ 1 Answers ]

I am working on my OPT and my wife is working on H1B.Which form I need to submit if I submit jointly? Thank you in advance

J1 visa tax for a Canadian student interning in US [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I worked in the US from April 30- August 27, 2007. From Jan - April 2007 and Sept - Dec 2007 I was studying at a university in Canada (I am a Canadian citizen). I have never worked in the US before. The company I worked for withheld state and federal taxes. How do the taxes work for my...

View more questions Search