Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lee1990 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Getting married in a church
    Hi do you have to be christened to get married in a church??
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2008, 11:53 AM

Some pastors only want to marry people in their congregation but check around you should be able to find a pastor/priest that will marry you. If you had a church you grew up in or your parents are involved in that would probably be the preferred denomination that you should check with first.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2008, 12:09 PM

It's been a while since I went to church, but I remember in the catholic church we had to be baptized, had first communion, and went through confirmation to be married in the church.

Don't quote me, though. Like I said: it's been a while.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 9, 2008, 04:26 PM

The catholic church will allow one member not to be bapitised. But there are many that will

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can we get married in a Catholic church? [ 1 Answers ]

I got married in Las Vegas 8 years ago and then converted to Catholicism. Since then my husband and I have got divorced. I am now planning on getting married again, to a Methodist. Can we get married in a Catholic church? Or do we have to marry in a Methodist church?

Do I need to go to church? [ 13 Answers ]

I want to get my children baptised does this mean I need to go to church every week?

Can I get married in a Church ? [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner is soon to be divorced and we plan on getting married shortly afterwards. I have not married before and it would be a dream come through for me if it was possible to get married in the church can anyone tell me if my dream is possible.

Getting married at courthouse/church wedding [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter has decided to marry her soilder at the courthouse so she is able to go to germany with him on his orders can she still have a church ceremony without it being wrong

View more questions Search