Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinkerbellluvr91 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2006, 11:45 AM
    Does ambi work
    I have a chocolate skin color and I would really like to lighten my skin. I was wondering if there was creams or gels that could lighten skin. :)
    Shanice Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Jul 8, 2006, 12:54 PM
    Ambi does not work, I use to have very dark chocolate skin and Ambi is too mild. It won't even get rid of blemishes.4%hydroquinone has lightened me up a bit and now I am using Dermovate, because Diana cream is not good .

Good luck
    nasra Posts: 54, Reputation: 7

Jul 9, 2006, 04:50 PM
    Hi,
    Why would you want to lighten your skin colour. Why are you not happy with the skin colour god has given you? Choclate colour is a beautiful skin colour to have. It doesn't get blemishes or marks. It is just pure and very beautiful skin colour to have. Please don't lighten your skin be proud of what you have. Always remember beauty is within. Feeling good inside will make you feel good outside. All skin colours are beautiful, we just all need to be happy with what we are all born with.;)
    tinkerbellluvr91 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2006, 06:28 AM
    I know I don't want to lighten a lot though just a little bit.

Jul 10, 2006, 04:48 PM
    Hi,

Yes, if you lighten a little, you lighten a lot because how ever little or small, you a still changing yourself and your identity. You and ever body in this entire world is unique we are all different, we and each of us humans has something special about ourselves. Be proud of who and what you are. Never change something that you are not happy about. Is it to be execepted by others ie: guys. That's silly because the person. When they like you, they see the beauty inside you, not the outside. You know beauty within. Don't do this colour change :o :rolleyes: don't be silly be proud.:rolleyes:
    faye786 Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2006, 12:16 PM
    Hi,
    Its easy to say this, but its really hard for the person with the 'flaw'. Let me give u an example, my sister is fair compared to me, we both work in the same place, when people find out we are sisters, they are always like 'oh but she's fair' and its embarrassing. Even when you go shopping people are like this colour don't suit you because your dark, go wiv a light colour!

Jul 12, 2006, 03:15 PM
    Hi Faye,

Why is being dark skinned a flaw. I don't understand? As far as I am concerned skin colour is not a issue, it is the person within, beauty within. How you talk and communicate and with people, caring about people regardless of who they are. Coping with life difficulties and saying " tommorow is another day". Treating people as to how you would like to be treated. Making a difference in the world. By teaching people by example. That is important not Skin colour. And to say that dark skin colour is a flaw is a insult to the black race. Stand up and be proud of who you are.:)
    faye786 Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2006, 07:26 AM
    Hi nasra
    Am glad I've come across a wonderful person lyk u, hope everyone was lyk you den the world would be a better place, I know your absolutely and a 100% right

Jul 14, 2006, 10:14 AM
    Thanks Faye,

I hope everything goes OK for you. You sound like a beautiful person. Just remember be proud and stand proud.
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Jan 31, 2008, 10:22 AM
    Where can I buy dermovate?
    CinnamonComplexion Posts: 58, Reputation: 0

Apr 23, 2010, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nasra View Post
    hi,
    Why would you want to lighten your skin colour. Why are you not happy with the skin colour god has given you? Choclate colour is a beautiful skin colour to have. It doesnt get blemishes or marks. It is just pure and very beautiful skin colour to have. Please don't lighten your skin be proud of what you have. Always remember beauty is within. Feeling good inside will make you feel good outside. All skin colours are beautiful, we just all need to be happy with what we are all born with.;)
    Agreed, but all that for nothing. That gets these ladies nowhere, TV and society is what they feed off.:mad:
    CinnamonComplexion Posts: 58, Reputation: 0

Apr 23, 2010, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by faye786 View Post
    hi,
    its easy to say this, but its really hard for the person with the 'flaw'. let me give u an example, my sister is fair compared to me, we both work in the same place, when people find out we are sisters, they are always like 'oh but she's fair' and its embarrasing. even when you go shopping people are like this colour dont suit you because your dark, go wiv a light colour!
    Well you have to remember certain colors don't suit all. There's colors that doesn't suit lighter skin as well. Don't look at everything as a flaw, it's just difference. People probably say to her, too, wow, your sisters dark. But when they say to you, "oh that's your sister, she's so light", you take ofense because you're ashamed of your own complexion, and that's a self insecurity.:eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need help with some ap work [ 5 Answers ]

I'm completely stressed out with all the work that needs to be done over the summer I thought I was moving but I'm not so I have 2 weeks to do a ton of worksome questions I can't get and imhoping someone can help me What efforts were made to strengthen english control over the colonies of the...

Will this work? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey everyone :D I've been looking for an easy,cheap and non-deadly(hehe) way to get my Skin a bit lighter since I have been experiancing some weird greyish Shift of my skintone (I Don't want to bleach my skin!). This is what I'm going to try; Taking a lot of Vitamin C, Drinking a lot of...

Some of my work [ 2 Answers ]

Some pointers on my stuff? http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a30/Der_Konig/Beaauty.jpg I made it on adobe photoshop 7,I don't have much other stuff to display due to a recent computer death *tear* =(

Will it all work out [ 2 Answers ]

I am 31 and just found out I am 8 weeks pregnant. I have $19,000 in debt I don't know how I will pay back and have just broken up with my boyfriend. He knows nothing of the baby or the debt. If I tell him I am pregnant then I have to tell about the debt. I am so scared I don't know what to...

Ambi skin cream [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am a 26 yo Asian male interested in lightening his skin (entire facial area). Is it safe for me to use the Ambi lightening cream (2% HQ) daily, and will this be effective? Thank you very much for any help! -A. :)

View more questions Search