Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mgfarmer Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2006, 10:49 AM
    Cracks in brick
    I am a new homeowner and have a concern about some cracks I have seen in our bricks. We have a split foyer home so the top half of the house is siding and the bottom half is brick. I have noticed that several bricks have a small hairline crack down the middle. The crack is only in an individual brick and does not extend into the mortar or into another brick. There is no pattern at all and its only random bricks that have this. Do you guys know if this is normal or something to be concerned about?
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jul 6, 2006, 05:41 PM
    Common brick has many cracks in them. I would not be concerned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove paint from brick [ 15 Answers ]

Hi All. I have just bought a new house off-plan, and it seems like the builders were a bit careless with the paint. They've spilt some paint onto the bricks on the driveway, and no matter what I do, I can't get rid of it. Will I have to change the bricks? Here's what I've tried so far: -...

Cracks in Asphalt [ 3 Answers ]

My driveway was asphalt paved about 15 years ago, and never resealed. It is now starting to crack in places, ant hills coming through, etc. Is it too late to use a sealer now, and do I need to call a company to come and put another layer on, or are there available products to seal old driveways...

Cracks In Walls [ 5 Answers ]

I been noticing in my drywall long cracks can someone tell me what can that be.

Hairline Cracks in Fiberglass Tub Wall [ 2 Answers ]

My 25 year old 1 piece fiberglass tub shower unit has developed three 2 inch hairline cracks in the shower wall. It does not appear that water is seeping through the cracks. Is there a preferred sealant for ensuring that water does not sweep throgh these cracks? Thanks, Steve

Hot tub superficial cracks [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I recently bought a home with a hot tub. It seems to work OK, but someone has painted a whitish film onto about a third of the tub. We noticed that this section seems to have tiny superficial cracks in it. I'm guessing it was exposed to too much sunlight. The whitish stuff is...

View more questions Search