Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mpumipg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 03:16 AM
    Advantages of Montesori schools
    My son is 4 years old and was attending an ordinary nursery school since he was 3years old. I have been thinking about sending him to a montesori school because my niece also went to one. I would like some more insight on the "True" advantages and disadvantages of sending my boy to a Montesori school. Any information will definitely be useful to me!

Mpumi:confused:
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2008, 08:20 AM

I'd visit the school you are considering and see how things are run. What is the interaction between the teachers and students like? What activities do you see happening... what level of engagement do you see in the students? Are there opportunities for less structured learning along with the more traditional environment? Are you comfortable with the way the students are grouped?
    Once you have the opportunity to observe the setting and find out more about how the school is run, you will have a better idea as to whether the school would be a good fit for your son and how you feel he learns and interacts best.
    Also, inquire as to whether the school is traditional Montessori school or are they a school that is incorporating some of the Montessori methods.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2008, 08:38 AM

Montessori is learning through play and social interactions. This idea is common in many pre school even those that do not bill themselves as Montessori.

Montessori learning is a great method, but truthfully any credited pre school program is an outstanding beginning for young learners. It's the socialization with their peers and learning the structure that a classroom entails that is important for students.

I would go and look at the school. My guess is that you will not see much of a difference between the two.
    mdcp89 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Dec 20, 2008, 11:25 AM

As said already, go visit one... I was a preschool teacher at a regular nursery school but had montessori training... if your child is more of an independent learner than he will be a fit for a montessori school... research suggests that montessori children are more inclined to be motivated once in high school and college but as far as intelligence there's few differences... sometimes public is the way to go because of funding :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 20, 2008, 11:33 AM

All of the preschools can be great, it all depends on the teachers and the funding available.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advantages of mncs [ 3 Answers ]

What are the advantages of mncs ?

Disadvantages/ Advantages of MBA [ 2 Answers ]

I have over 3 years Management experience which is the requirement to pursue a MBA. The job position that I have has little more room for advancement since I work closely with the owner of the organisation. Do you think there are any advantages of pursuing this MBA?

What are the advantages of being unionized [ 1 Answers ]

I have home work on Labor Union ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES. I need help or references on this.

Advantages of using paypal [ 12 Answers ]

What are the advantages of using paypal for purchasing of eBay

Comparative Advantages [ 1 Answers ]

If the US and China specialize according to comparative advantage what will happen to the total output of steel and aluminum in the two countries?

View more questions Search