Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manaspaul2002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 10:07 PM
    Difficulty in booting
    I am using windows XP sp3. Last week suddenly my system stopped booting. Everything on the system was updated.Virus,programs updates. When I start the boot, it says boot from CD then nothing comes for hours. Then I tried changing the boot from prefernce to hard disk.it didn't help. Then I changed the primary boot mode to cd rom mode. Then it shows, insert the CD and press any key for boot. I insert my XP cd and press the key, then it shows wait till the computer configure the system setting. That's it.again a blank screen for hours. The CD is good. I have checked it in my laptop. Please help me in resolving this issue. When I disable ATA chipset controller, it reads from the CD but when XP set up starts, it says no HDD is detected
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Dec 8, 2008, 10:11 PM

Your hard disk is bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring difficulty [ 9 Answers ]

I have a junction box in the ceiling that has two separate main wires coming in. One wire has a black and white plus ground. The other has three wires including red, white and black plus ground. One of these wires are connected to a nearbye switched outlet. I am assuming it is the three wire...

Heater difficulty [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sir: Our landlord just put in a hot water heater, and he fixed our heater. Now we are able to use hot water, and we are getting plenty of good heat. However, we are now experiencing loud noises from the heaters throughout the house. These sounds are within different times day and night,...

Difficulty with climaxing [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has a difficult time climaxing, and is ashamed to discuss it with me. What could be the problem. He's a moderate drinker, and in good health. We are both in our mid sixties. He says this problem is normal. Is it?

Difficulty in breathing [ 10 Answers ]

I smoke, and drink large amounts of caffine. At night when I am trying to drift off to sleep I have a terrifying feeling.. on and off for the first hour, it feels like no air is going in my lungs and it feels like my heart stops for around 3 seconds, in response to this horrible feeling I gasp...

Learning Difficulty [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My daughter is 10years. She was born with some problems for which she had to undergo some surgeries as an infant but she is a healthy child. But she cannot cope up with the regular mainsteam education. She has been detained twice with the hope that she will be able to cope but, in vain. She...

View more questions Search