Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jw46112 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Bryant furnace blower motor running, but not firing
    What should I check to see why my gas furnace is not firing. I replaced the blower motor, which it is working also reset and then wired around the limit switch on the blower housing. Was working and firing furnace producing heat. Within one hour.

Then the blower motor comes on, but the furnace isn't producing any heat... Any ideals?? :o
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 07:41 PM

It is hard to understand exactly what you are asking. How and why did you wire around the limit switch in he blower housing. And did the wiring make the unit heat for and hour and then the heat goes off again.

By the way it is never safe to py-pass a limit switch, except for a short test.
    jw46112 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 07:54 PM
    Yes it did run after I reset the limit but then after 1 hour started the same thing again cokud it be another limit or igniter or what I'm lost pl help
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 08:07 PM

If you have a late model you should have a flame sensor, this is a device that looks like a wire coming out of a ceramic base, it has one wire coming out the bottom and it is commected to the furnace housing for a ground. Take this out and clene the wire part with a sand paper or steel wool, reinstal and try again.

If this helps let me know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blower motor start and keeps running won't stop [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Carrier central furnace (furnace model 58GP050-BA). Now with the thermostat off the fan set to auto and the Gas pilot is on. When turn on the power switch to the furnace, the blower motor start and keeps running and won't stop. I have to turn off the power switch to the furnace to turn the...

Bryant Furnace Inducer Motor Fan Squealing [ 3 Answers ]

I have a byrant furnace model 395b - the inducer motor fan squeals and I was wondering if it should be repalced or can I oil it and how? The furnace company wants $100 to look at it and I was wondering if I could do it myself!

Bryant 90 Plus gas furnace blower motor [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Bryant 90 Plus (350MAV) and have a problem. I noticed that the heater was not turning on. I opened the furnace door and found the diagnostic led flashing 1-3. Upon checking the meaning of the code, I found it referenced a dirty filter of defective blower. I shut the furnace off at the...

Furnace blower motor will not stop running [ 3 Answers ]

Furnace blower motor will not stop running

Bryant Blower Motor [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Bryant furnace that is 13 yrs. Old. I would like to take the blower motor out and replace it with a new model. Is there a correct way to remove the blower without tearing the whole furnace apart?

View more questions Search