Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CWJFL Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Crimewriter looking for Forensic information on Semen
    I am currently writing a novel and would like to know if it is possible to take semen out of a used condom and insert the semen into a dead victim in order to falsely incriminate an innocent man?

Would the semen have to be fresh?

How long after ejectulation would you need to extract the semen and plant in the victim?

Can you store the semen and use it at a later date?

I know it's a strange subject but what I'm trying to achieve is get an innocent man charged with crimes he didn't commit because someone is setting him up. Is any of this possible? :confused:

Thanks so much for any replies. I've been stuck on this for awhile now! :):)
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 02:38 PM

I saw a CSI episode where something very similar to what you are describing happened.

It's been a while but I think it went like this: A woman who was the sister of a woman who was killed paid a prostitute to come on to this man in a bar and initiate sex. (She believed he killed her sister.) She then took the semen (from the condom used) and put it in herself and claimed the man raped her. He had a weak alibi, but she had the DNA.

Grissom figured it out in the end.

Edit: They freeze semen for future pregnancies - I suppose it could be done for other reasons, too.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 02:41 PM

LOL, I think it was on Law & Order too. Must be possible.
    CWJFL Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland View Post
    I saw a CSI episode where something very similar to what you are describing happened.

It's been a while but I think it went like this: A woman who was the sister of a woman who was killed paid a prostitute to come on to this man in a bar and initiate sex. (She believed he killed her sister.) She then took the semen (from the condom used) and put it in herself and claimed the man raped her. He had a weak alibi, but she had the DNA.

Grissom figured it out in the end.

Edit: They freeze semen for future pregnancies - I suppose it could be done for other reasons, too.
    Do you know how she extracted the semen from the condom?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CWJFL View Post
    Do you know how she extracted the semen from the condom?
    Ear syringe, I think
    medgen Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

Dec 13, 2008, 05:57 PM
    This would be exceptionally easy to do. The semen would not need to be terribly fresh -- if it is in a condom it could probably be used for several days in this way. In our lab we generally get condoms in frozen, sometimes many months after the alleged event. At this point we are still able to identify the chemical components (usually acid phosphatase and p30) and get full DNA profiles from the semen.

And while semen breaks down quite quickly in the cavities of live people (generally hours to days), it is much slower when dead. We have identified semen in vag/rectal samples of corpses quite some time (weeks, possibly months) post-mortem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood in semen [ 3 Answers ]

What does it mean when my man bleeds after sex a lot? {moved from Introductions} {Please pay more attention to posting guidelines.-<>}

Blood in Semen [ 5 Answers ]

Okay so a close cousin of mine who is 20 years old just confided in me that he saw blood in his semen after a wet dream. He went to the doctor and had both his urine and semen tested. Everything was normal in his urine but the doctor did find blood in his semen. The doctor told my cousin that the...

Drying out of semen [ 1 Answers ]

How long would I take semen to die if it was on your inner thigh? Quick response please...

How much semen goes in? [ 6 Answers ]

How much semen goes inside the female after sex?We are trying to conceive.After intercourse,I keep two pillows under my hip.By the time I keep the pillows,all the semen flows out of me.I am worried if anything goes in at all.Is this normal?

View more questions Search