Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roxy8120 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Dec 8, 2008, 01:19 PM
    On way to anorexic?
    OK well I need help I can't stop thinking about what I eat and how much I eat.before I eat something I check how many calories if they're are too much I won't eat it but its hard as I am 11 so my mum gives me food and notices if I don't eat it.any advice??
    And am I heading towards anorexic??
    speel00 Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Dec 8, 2008, 01:28 PM
    You should talk to your mom about it, and get some help for this.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Dec 8, 2008, 04:29 PM

In my opinon yes, you're headed for anerexia

It's really good that you're noticing that you're headed into some trouble.. that shows a good sign that you might battle this..

You NEED to talk to your mom about this or at least an adult that you trust..

If you let this get out of hand it can RUIN your life..

Don't start your life out like this.. please please get help!

Dec 9, 2008, 09:11 AM

Thanks for the advice I will tell someone well ill try I mean

Dec 11, 2008, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by plonak View Post
    In my opinon yes, you're headed for anerexia

It's really good that you're noticing that you're headed into some trouble.. that shows a good sign that you might battle this..

You NEED to talk to your mom about this or at least an adult that you trust..

If you let this get out of hand it can RUIN your life..

Don't start your life out like this.. please please get help!
    I can't tell her what else can I do?
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2008, 01:06 PM

Try writing a letter, sometimes it makes saying difficult things easier.

How do you feel except for this?

Dec 11, 2008, 01:07 PM

I feel like I am fat but I've been told I'm undewieght for my height I am tall for my age so could that have anything to do with it I fell unhealthy
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2008, 01:14 PM

How do you feel about school, home, friends etc?

When did you fall unhealthy?

Dec 11, 2008, 01:17 PM

I'm not unhealthy that I no I'm just not good at sport and stuff and I hate my thighs so ye but I'm getting better now but still having trouble. School is great now but it wasn't before and I have had a bit of a rough time so ye but thanks for your advice
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2008, 01:22 PM

What happened at school before?

You are not fat you just think you are. It is easier sometimes to place your unhappy feelings on something physical- like your thighs rather than face up to what is making you unhappy.

I know I do it myself. If I'm stressed about a report I'll look in the mirror and see swathes of belly fat. It's not there, its in my head. But it is easier in a way to criticize myself in a way I feel I can change.

It isn't healthy and it doesn't work in the long run. That is why you need to ask an adult for help.

Asking people for help can sometimes be the harderst part, I know. But you've started on here - you are half way there!

Dec 11, 2008, 01:26 PM

Thanks for all the advice you seem to everywhere I am on this site so cool . School well I had a fight with long term best friend but I have a better friend now but the best friend I had we were kidda bad news together so _ I was having trouble with life I guess I mean my sisters are at boarding school so I don't have them around a lot but I am getting heathlier my friends are making eating fun so that's helped!
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2008, 01:31 PM

That's good!

You are lucky that you are self aware enough to realise it is not a good path to go down. I have had a couple of anorexic and bulemic friends, it is not nice disease. Please stay strong and try to have fun with your life!

Dec 11, 2008, 01:32 PM

I will thanks for all the advice
    pinkytweak16 Posts: 56, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 08:52 PM

Yeah I been doing that to I'm a thin line away from an eating disorder but God stops me its amazing how much he helps I hope you already talked to your mom but your om won't always know what your thinking he's always there to help you :)

Dec 23, 2008, 01:09 AM

I'm a lot beter now but there's still something there thanks for all your help!

Jan 26, 2009, 01:47 PM

I was on the way to being normal again until my friend stopped eating and all the feelings came rushing back and now well I only had a apple for lunch so any more help?? I can't talk to my mum she doesn't get it she doesn't listen she never has...
    emmaca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2010, 01:54 AM
    You really should go and see the school counselor if you have one... they will probably have to tell your parents but they will let you know. I am older than you but I have a similar problem. My friend dragged me to the counselor - he told me he had to ring my mother and it was easier for him to tell my mother than it would have been foe me to tell her.

It is really important that you tell someone unless you like the idea of being in hospital pretty much force fed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anorexic Friend [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, I think my friend might be anorexic. She is 13 years old and about four foot 5 inches or so and only weighs 4 stone 5 pounds. She never eats lunch at school and if I ask her what she ate for breakfast she says nothing. I'm not sure about what she eats at home but I don't think she eats much,...

Almost Anorexic [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Please bare with me, this is going to be long but please take the time to read. Well ever since I could remember people have looked at me and said, "Girl you are so skinny! Go eat!" In addition, I would eat. Not a lot I admit, I had the habit of only eating when I felt hungry. I wasn't...

Fat or anorexic? [ 5 Answers ]

OK so my whole family thinks I'm turning into an anorexic. Because I always say I'm fat. And that true I always feel fat. I'm 127 and 5,5 but I have a lot of leg muscle. So anyway they all think I'm anorexic cause I always say I'm fat and I go on healthy diets all the time and every time I eat...

5 yr old max turns anorexic [ 7 Answers ]

My lovely boy max, a retreiver, threwup all his dinner, (dry food loved by him for 5 yrs) 10 days ago and has refused to eat ANYTHING since. On days 2 and 3 he brought up watery bile.. yes stomach empty, however drinking plenty and short bursts of energy, thought he may have a 'bug' and waited for...

Am I anorexic? [ 4 Answers ]

Well I'm apparntly the perfect weight for my height but recently I've stopped eating much at meals and skipping breakfast, I snack a little, but I'm feeling constantly hungry. I'm really worried because I was told that these are the first signs of anorexia

View more questions Search