Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Dec 8, 2008, 01:19 PM
    Talked to my doctor but am still concerned.
    Today I was supposed to be 8 weeks pregnant. On Sat. I started spotting, so I went for an Ultrasound this morning. The ultrasound showed a heartbeat and fetal pole, but it said I was only 6w3d. I spoke to my doctor and he said not to worry, that I must have ovulated later that I though. My question is: I always have 28 day cycles, my last period was October 13th (which would make me 8 weeks). What are the chances of the ultrasound being incorrect this early on?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2008, 01:26 PM

The 8 weeks would be gestational age... counting from your last period. This is partly where the window of time to deliver around your due date comes from because most women are not likely to actually be pregnant right away... often not for a week or two after their period. The ultrasound gives you a closer date to fertilizational age, when you actually conceived.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Haven't talked to my ex in 15 years [ 4 Answers ]

Last week my ex boyfriend tracked me down, we were each others first love and were together for two years. After we broke up I was devastated. About a year later we talked on the phone but never got back together or talked to each other for 15 years! When my phone rang and my ex's name showed on...

I talked to him... told him everything [ 50 Answers ]

I followed everyone's advice and spoke to him about everything even telling him that I don't trust him and I feel so much better besides feeling exhausted! I brought up instances that I remember very clearly and his response was:- Shocked! But, as its all of a sexual nature, he said that he...

View more questions Search