Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darkthoughtbox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Acronis 11 USB Hard drive Bootdisk
    I am using Acronis 9 Echo Workstation to boot to a USB hard drive. I have made the image of the flash drive and recovered it to the USB hard drive with the HP utility key maker. It will boot the hard drive, but it just stops after booting Acronis Loader... It just goes black and sits there. I tried it with and extened partition and with just leaving it blank. The partition has to be FAT because NTFS won't boot. Any suggestions would help. Thanks.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Dec 9, 2008, 09:04 AM
    From your post, I did not understand what you're trying to achieve, but here some things to start with:
    1. Verify that you're using the latest build of your Acronis version available from their website. I've had to call Acronis to get development builds to get it to work with some of the latest hardware.
    2. Select the safe mode option at the Acronis load menu and see if that is successful.
    NoDaddy dot com Posts: 101, Reputation: 0

Feb 27, 2009, 11:21 PM

Can you boot THAT system with another boot media?

How to convert a bootable CD into a bootable Flash USB - DonationCoder.com

HTH

The Peoples Cube - correct opinion for progressives

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

Cd drive problems/hard drive [ 4 Answers ]

I'm using windows xp pro I've got a lite-on combo cd drive :E Basically I tried 2 fix my e drive because it wasn't reading cds (on dvds) and I think I put a virus on my computer When I tried 2 restart it came up with something like.. Windows cannot start up properly due to a recent...

Is this cd/dvd drive and hard drive compatible with this motherboard? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone I want to know if these parts are compatible... Newegg.com - ASUS Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 14X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners Newegg.com - Western Digital...

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

View more questions Search