Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeremy_mayo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 08:20 AM
    No multimeia audio controller
    I recentlly reinsalled windows xp home now my multimedia audio contoller doesn't work :mad: I have a AMD duron processor with 256k ram and 60 gig hard drive my sound ports are on my mother board I also have a nvidia tnt2 grafics card for a starlogic moniter and when I play widows media player visuals it won't go full screen :mad: CAN SOME HELP ME:confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 8, 2008, 08:45 AM

You made the mistake a lot of people make when reinstalling. You didn't make sure you had all your drivers. Now you have to determine exactly what sound card you have and download the drivers for it.
    jeremy_mayo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    You made the mistake a lot of people make when reinstalling. You didn't make sure you had all your drivers. Now you have to determine exactly what sound card you have and download the drivers for it.
    the sound card is on my mother board a amd duron proccer :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 8, 2008, 07:47 PM

I'm sure it is on board but you still need to know which adapter it is.
    speel00 Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Dec 9, 2008, 09:34 AM

Go to your control panel, click on device manager and click on sound,video and game controllers and locate which is your soundcard, then type in the model name along with the manufacture and the word drivers.

Good luck!
    theecho Posts: 59, Reputation: 9

Dec 14, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Most like if it is not working it is not installed so device manager will not show specifics. Best bet would be to go to manufacturer's website and go to the support section for drivers and downloads and download all sound drivers for you model from there as ScottGem said.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multimedia Audio Controller /REALTEK AC'97 Audio [ 10 Answers ]

Hi - it appears that the multimedia audio controller problem that I had has now morphed into a REALTEK AC'97 Audio problem. I loaded a driver for the mother board to fix the MAC problem after helpful folks assisted me in getting the specs on the motherboard (ECS PS45A/DX+1.0 if it makes a...

Multimedia audio controller [ 1 Answers ]

I can't get my sound to work on my computer and I accidentally deleted multimedia audio controller from my computer how do I get it back on my computer so I can hear sound again

Multimedia audio controller [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently installed Catz5 on my computer and the sound will not work. On checking the system device manager it shows a yellow question mark on the multimedia audio controller section. Any clues how to sort the problem out.

Multimedia Audio Controller [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find out what motherboard I have so I can find the correct multimedia controller driver? My hard drive crashed and after reinstalling I keep getting this error message and naturally I do not have sound.

Multimedia audio controller [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a new member, would like to ask a few question. I accidentally deleted the driver. I am using windows xp pro for Compaq, AMD Sempron. Can you help ?

View more questions Search