Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mona04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 03:59 AM
    Can we get Database Schema from XSD that create JSP dynamically
    Is it possible to input an XSD and read database schema from this to create JSP dynamically based on database and their relationships?
    If its possible then how?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Dec 12, 2008, 07:36 PM

Hi,
    I believe you are actually asking if you can read a databse schema into XML format; yes by parsing it into that format. And creating JSP pages on a Web browser with it; yes, through the use of Java to parse the XML int an (X)HTML format for display. Not a small topic that can be summed up in a paragraph or two. Try:
    CodeGuru: XSD Tutorial: XML Schemas For Beginners
    for a start to your understanding of the subject, and check back if you want.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    zxed Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mona04 View Post
    Is it possible to input an XSD and read database schema from this to create JSP dynamically based on database and their relationships?
    If its possible then how?
    Yes it is possible... but you will be stuck with crap,

You are better of breaking the solution into two parts
    1. XSD to DB
    2. DB to code

For 1... there are a ton of create db from xsd tools. so pick any. end up with a sold database.

For 2... use an O/R mapper such as llblgen... llblgen works with .net. there are others out there that may output to jsp... O/R mapper create "class-code" that maps to your db code...
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Mar 9, 2009, 06:32 PM
    Hi,
    Since XML is an SGML variant that allows a free-form tag (that would be the field name of the database) and then builds from there. I suggest MySQL since it is also Sun as Java is. You did not specify a database. There is JDBC (Java DataBase Connector) that works with other databases, as well. For a discussion of this:
    http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?39,20964
    There is another solution. It is more elegant, though more more involved. It is the use of Linux or Windows with MySQL or PostgreSQL, and Drupal (which involves PHP for full functionality.) See:
    drupal.org | Community plumbing
    It is a beautiful system, open source, lots of templates and modules. Learning curve can be a bit much, but the demand for developers is amongst the highest in the world.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using access create database [ 3 Answers ]

To all. I'm need you all help, how to using Microsoft access create a database. Sample like I want record all the stock in my database and how to using Html interface link to the database. :(

View more questions Search