Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hoops4jc Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 06:45 PM
    Lighting the pilot light on a bryant 75-347 unit heater
    I have a bryant unit heater in my garage it is a 60,000 BTU model 75-347. The fan will run but I don't know how to light the pilot light.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 08:27 PM

Is this a unit heater that hangs from the ceiling?

If so there is a valve you can see on the back of the furnace, there is a knob on top that says On, Off, Pilot. After you have made sure that there is no cutoff in the line that services the heater, Turn the knob to pilot light, look for the pilot at the other end of the 1/4 inch tubing, hold a match to the pilot and now press down on the knob, make sure it is in the right position or it will not press down, hold the knob down for about 45 seconds, the pilot should stay lit. Move you face away from the heater and turn the knob to the on position.'

I hope this helps.
    hoops4jc Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 08:39 PM

Thanks for the reply, but it turns out after trying almost everything I found a screw on the back that said pilot adjust with a set screw inside that when I unscrewed it the pilot lit first try, and the garage is now a perfect 60 deg.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 09:14 PM

You may want to take the pilot assembly apart and clean the orfice,it may have some junk in there requiring more gas pressure to keep it lit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does putting gas hot water heater dial on PILOT put pilot light out? [ 5 Answers ]

My gas hot water heater dial has OFF to the left, PILOT in the middle and ON to the right. If we are going away and want to not have the water heated can we just turn the dial to PILOT and the flame will stay lit but just won't heat the water or does the flame go out completely and then PILOT would...

Water Heater pilot lighting [ 1 Answers ]

My pilot light is out- when I tried to light it and large flame came out at me, then went out. What can I do?

Lighting the pilot light of a State gas hot water heater? [ 6 Answers ]

I cannot get the pilot light to stay lit on a 50 gal "State" gas hot water heater, Model PRX50NBRT. I have followed the instructions on the front of the tank. I just had a black out and the light goes out without power. This has happened before, and has been tricky in the past. I forgot...

Bryant Heater Pilot won't light. [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old bryant unit . It has worked fine until the other day. Blower works fine but no heat. Pilot was out so I lighted it and it worked fine for the night. The next day no heat again. Pilot was out again. Trie to light but will not light. Friend told me to replace the therm coupler. Here is...

Bryant unit heater [ 4 Answers ]

30 year old Bryant unit heater was working yesterday not today. I have 120 volts to the control box, the 732 pilot is still lit. so I bench tested when cold there is no continuity, after heating I have continuity. I do not know what to check next I do not have a wiring schematic. Any sdvise would...

View more questions Search