Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Dec 7, 2008, 01:13 PM
    UPS problems (I think)
    I apologize if this question belongs elsewhere. I searched through all the categories and felt that this one was the better one.

I recently had some trouble with the purchasing of a package online. I bought a camera on Adorama (through Amazon.com) and used the UPS tracking service to track it. The package had made it to my local post office before being "disrupted" and sent back to the sender. According to UPS, this is not their fault. According to Adorama, this is UPS's fault.

What I would really like to know, and cannot seem to get the answers for is, why did this happen and is it safe to purchase this item again as it has been stated that it cannot simply be resent.

-b
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2008, 01:18 PM

I would think it would be your local post offices fault where it became disrupted. You should keep after them. You should not have to rebuy it. Tell them you will take them both (all) to court and let the Judge decide if they can't come to a satisfactory agreement. It isn't Adorama's fault other than they will not reship it causing it to further be your lose of what you purchased.
    That should make them come to some type of an agreement because they will want to settle out of court.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 7, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Actually if you shipped via UPS (United Parcel Service) then your local post office would not be involved at all.

Next question, is whether the package was in fact, returned to Adorama and you got credited.

But Adorama is the customer of the shipper. The shipper needs to explain to Adorama why the package was not delivered so their customer service can explain it to you. If Adorama won't do this then I would not purchase from them.

P.S. I moved this to the Customer Service forum which is a better place for it.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 01:27 PM

?? confused??

UPS(united parcel service)And USPS(united states postal service)Are different entities.

Why is UPS using USPS for delivery of this?

Just confused.
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Dec 7, 2008, 02:02 PM

Thank you for the reply. I aksed for my dad's opinion. He thinks that something stupid (like a label coming off) happened. It is a busy time of year for packages. For some reason, UPS has a weird "send back to seller" and "do not resend" policy.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2008, 02:11 PM

What does the company you purchased it from say about the whole thing?
    Seems to me they should be more than willing to reship it.
    At very least charge you for reshipping.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 7, 2008, 02:20 PM
    First, you didn't answer whether it was shipped by UPS or USPS. Second, if a label comes off then they have no choice but to ship back to the sender. And I can see not allowing a reship, but to cause the sender to ship ANEW. The difference is a reship doesn't involve a new ship fee.

But the shipper should inform the sender of the reason for the return who should then inform you and advise what to do.

By the way, since you contacted Adorama through Amazon, you should be able to list their customer service to help.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2008, 11:54 AM

Your purchase is from Adorama. It is their responsibility to complete the transaction by getting you the goods. While the shipper might be at fault, it is up to the seller to resolve the problem or face whatever legal or public opinion recourse you feel necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference between social problems and sociological problems . [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between social problems andsociological problems , and how does functionalism help to deal with thee problems?

Thermostat problems or furnace problems [ 22 Answers ]

Is it possible that a thermostat operates correct all the time except when it reaches the temperature that is set doesn't maintain that temperature?:D I noticed that actually that thermostat gives a signal to the furnace but furnace doesn't turn on but that happens only when thermostat needs to...

Social Problems and Sociological Problems [ 4 Answers ]

Differntiate between social problems and sociological problems

Plumming problems causing other problems [ 1 Answers ]

A lot of plumbers can probably replace a bath vanity, although not many of them would want to do a kitchen cabinet. A good handyman can probably do both. Not to discredit my fellow plumbers on the site. Also, most plumbers probably know a contractor who can do the cabinet. The best thing to do...

Stomach problems; eating problems. [ 4 Answers ]

I eat healthy foods, so I know this isn't much of a problem. However, I do have a problem with the way I eat. I will get a full plate of food and only be able to eat a quarter of it and feel very full, while 20 minutes to an hour later, I feel like I haven't eaten in about 10 or 12 hours, that...

View more questions Search